Beryl the Peril article in Guardian Magazine in 2006

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

skidbum1

Beryl the Peril article in Guardian Magazine in 2006

Post by skidbum1 »

A while ago I came across a posting (possibly in this forum) with a scan of a page of Beryl from a 1965 Topper annual from the Guardian magazine in 2006. The attached article was written by Candy Guard. Does anyone know the whereabouts of this scan or have a scan of this page they can send me?

stevezodiac

Re: Beryl the Peril article in Guardian Magazine in 2006

Post by stevezodiac »

I put the scan on, I would have trouble finding the article again. The post is on page three of the artists and writers section under "Nice David Law tribute".

skidbum1

Post by skidbum1 »

I have found it now thanks to you. Ta very much!

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Speaking of Beryl the Peril & newspaper articles, I remember recently reading in a Mail On Sunday (pub's copy) an article by Liz Jones wishing girls would aspire more to being Beryl & making stink bombs & climb trees, as opposed to being pink & princessy and appearance obsessed like girls have forced down their throats in today's comics and media.

She despairs at the lack of good role models for girls. Too right! She was cool (though I think Beryl & her father got too watered down in later years (political correctness gone too far!).

I'll have to check out that Guardian article.