Advertising?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

mark84

Advertising?

Post by mark84 »

Hi,
I part own a couple of small businesses, one of them designs and produces t-shirts that are what I guess you'd call 'geeky' - science, maths, obscure TV and movie references etc etc.
We like trying to give something back to the little guy rather than just throwing money at Google et al, and I think a comic would be great as I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find one that appeals to a similar demographic as our products.
Ideally I'd like an independent comic (after having a poor experience in the past dealing with Reed magazine group) -which is UK based for late teens and older.
I'm ashamed to say the only comic I've read in the past 10 years was The Crow graphic novel so I've no idea about the comic market, could any one tell me any popular titles they think might be suitable?
Thanks for any advice
Mark.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: Advertising?

Post by felneymike »

Ideally I'd like an independent comic (after having a poor experience in the past dealing with Reed magazine group) -which is UK based for late teens and older.
Strip Magazine, 2000AD and Clint. Those are the only UK based comics for late teens and older... easy enough XD.

Oh yeah and Viz, but their readership is probably a bit different. They have a lot of small business advertising, though, so their rates are probably cheaper.

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

I think Clint's probably your best bet, followed by Viz.

mark84

Post by mark84 »

Thanks for the helpful replies.