Profit at all costs!

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Captain Storm

Profit at all costs!

Post by Captain Storm »

Hi Everybody,I felt I had to resurrect this post,which I recently appended in reply to ColCool's post re his observations at a recent comic convention concerning the new practice of Artists charging for their illustrations,usually given away free(only later to find out,unscrupulous individuals auctioning them on eBay!),for fair of it being hidden in threads that fail to acknowledge it.That is how important I think it is!

"Your post was very interesting.I agree that a few money-grabbing yobbos spoil it for the true comic collector and enthusiast.Shame really...these are prob the same people(though not all,mind!) who appear on this forum from time to time champing at the bit asking how much such and such a comic is worth.These are not TRUE collectors in my honest opinion,but business men in disguise,smelling a fast buck.A true collector buys for the sheer joy of owning a piece of comic history and reliving some childhood memories.not quickly disposing of it for a nice little earner.I like nothing better than acquiring comics and sharing them,either through my websites or with friends,not wondering how much they will make me!Food for thought,methinks,the Cap!"

Now,put that in your pipes and smoke it! :twisted: