I saw a recent blog post from someone who had bound copies of the Beano &Dandy. They were bound into 6 monthly volumes and cost about a fiver per volume. It set me thinking. Would this be a good thing to do with by 2000AD collection particularly the early issues? So I'd like to tap the collective experience of the forum on the following before I look for book binder:
- Has anyone actually bound early copies of 2000AD?
- Will the IPC paper be suitable for binding?
- How much is trimmed by the binding process?
- What's the best thickness for bound volumes?
- Does binding really make them more readable?
- Is the cost quoted a good average?
Please add anything else you think might help.
Back in the late 80s/early 90s I had my first few years of 2000AD
bound. They are as good now as the books were at the time.
Collecting comics since 1975 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.