Alan Moore goes digital

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Marionette

Alan Moore goes digital

Post by Marionette »

Interesting article about Alan Moore's new Electricomics project. A surprise to me since I wasn't aware that he had yet discovered the internet.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Michael Anden

Re: Alan Moore goes digital

Post by Michael Anden »

Looks interesting, maybe Alan's easing up on his commitment to involvement in print-only work. I get the impression he did have a hand in the Dodgem Logic website, but otherwise he's been a self-confessed out and proud Luddite. I wonder what's changed. I've long found it strange how he professes indifference/ ire towards all superheroes, yet his most consistent output the last ten years has been LoEG, arguably largely comprised of superheroes (unless I've been missing something).

Regarding this new project, I don't read digital format comics myself- but if Electricomics aims to further democratize comics production of any kind, and raises awareness of the diverse possibilities of the medium along the way, that can only be a good thing.

-MikeD-

Re: Alan Moore goes digital

Post by -MikeD- »

How long before he falls out with them? :D

But seriously - a robust, open source publishing platform will be a boon for small press comic creators. So good luck to them. And, hopefully, it won't just become a gateway to a raft of expensive plug-ins that you must buy in order to use the development kit successfully.
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk