collecting

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: collecting

Post by Phoenix »

paw broon wrote:Phoenix, please be careful with the Gravelhanger streaming - or downloading. The one site I have found with the prog. has very bad reviews and I wouldn't suggest going near it. One other site says it has an episode but Virgin has a court order saying it will not allow access to that site for reasons of copyright infringement. so I can't tell if it is legit. or otherwise.
Thank you, Paw, for that timely warning. You do know how to disappoint a body, though! The site is called TRACKTVLINKS, and now I have looked more carefully at the page I bookmarked, it does look as though it is only one 30-minute episode that is on offer. It does give two options, Watch Now and Download. I haven't done either yet.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

WOT has this comment re. TRACKTVLINKS
"This site will try to get you to download their "fake" drivers to help you on what ever you're doing, but instead will help the creators of the malicious content that is hidden in the file or files your trying to get. "

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

paw broon wrote:WOT has this comment re. TRACKTVLINKS
"This site will try to get you to download their "fake" drivers to help you on what ever you're doing, but instead will help the creators of the malicious content that is hidden in the file or files your trying to get. "
It couldn't be much clearer, could it? Thanks again, Paw. I'll just have to do without that episode of Gravelhanger. By the way, what is WOT?

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

Phoenix wrote:
It couldn't be much clearer, could it? Thanks again, Paw. I'll just have to do without that episode of Gravelhanger. By the way, what is WOT?
https://www.mywot.com

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

dandy mad wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
https://www.mywot.com
That's a very useful add-on. I have added it to Firefox. Cheers paw. :up:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

dandy mad wrote:https://www.mywot.com
Thanks for the information, dandy mad, and paw, of course. I've bookmarked that page too.

abacus

Post by abacus »

Although I don't buy from Ebay I like to check the comics and annuals I get to see what they are selling for.My collecting is based on stuff I like and not on what's fashionable at the time.For instance I pick up Disney comicbooks when I see them and I've noticed they hold a fairly strong selling price .Recently bought Nutty No.1 comic and checked what it was selling for( that's with the free sweet gift which I haven't got, on Ebay )imagine my disappointment as I trolled through a lot of sellers all starting at 99p suddenly one chap was asking £124.99p that sort of thing makes it very difficult to judge the value of comics you've got.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

abacus wrote:Recently bought Nutty No.1 comic and checked what it was selling for( that's with the free sweet gift which I haven't got, on Ebay )imagine my disappointment as I trolled through a lot of sellers all starting at 99p suddenly one chap was asking £124.99p that sort of thing makes it very difficult to judge the value of comics you've got.
What you are seeing, abacus, is two types of seller, and neither of them is offering you a clue about the value of your Nutty. The group with the 99p starting bid don't think it is worth a whole lot so they are perfectly willing to sell to the highest bidder, even if that bid is merely a fiver, or for that matter just the 99p. The other guy is thinking that he has the first issue of a comic, and as he has seen some firsts of other titles go for high prices he is not planning on being seriously disappointed by having to sell his comic for a pittance, so he has plucked his starting price out of the air. I don't know what the Nutty is worth either but I'm pretty sure it will be a lot closer to the 99p than to the extra £124 that the fantasist is asking. Incidentally, did you buy yours just to sell on? If so, I hope you didn't pay a lot for it! :)

starscape

Post by starscape »

Add it to your watchlist. What it sells for is the real value. I'd imagine Nutty would be around £5 but the funnies aren't my forte.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

Nutty number one without the space dust sweets free gift £20-£30 with the unopened space dust packet £80 but these have been known to go for more...

abacus

Post by abacus »

Phoenix wrote:I don't know what the Nutty is worth either but I'm pretty sure it will be a lot closer to the 99p than to the extra £124 that the fantasist is asking. Incidentally, did you buy yours just to sell on? If so, I hope you didn't pay a lot for it! :)
I bought it for a £1 from a bookshop and didn't notice it was a No1.until I got home, I just like to see if I got a bargain or not and without the free gift I think I tend to agree with you and would expect it to fetch between £2 or £3 ,mind you in twenty years time who knows?

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

abacus wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I don't know what the Nutty is worth either but I'm pretty sure it will be a lot closer to the 99p than to the extra £124 that the fantasist is asking. Incidentally, did you buy yours just to sell on? If so, I hope you didn't pay a lot for it! :)
I bought it for a £1 from a bookshop and didn't notice it was a No1.until I got home, I just like to see if I got a bargain or not and without the free gift I think I tend to agree with you and would expect it to fetch between £2 or £3 ,mind you in twenty years time who knows?
The first issue of Nutty is worth a lot more than two or three quid even without the free gift and you got lucky with only a pound for yours as the seller clearly didn't know it's true value unless it's tatty and ripped or has pages missing?

abacus

Post by abacus »

dandy mad wrote: The first issue of Nutty is worth a lot more than two or three quid even without the free gift and you got lucky with only a pound for yours as the seller clearly didn't know it's true value unless it's tatty and ripped or has pages missing?
Thanks for that, no it's in normal/good condition athough I do have Nutty No3 which is in a poorer condition with some staining on the back page ,bought at the same time.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

dandy mad wrote:
abacus wrote:
The first issue of Nutty is worth a lot more than two or three quid even without the free gift and you got lucky with only a pound for yours as the seller clearly didn't know it's true value unless it's tatty and ripped or has pages missing?
It actually isn't. A lot of ebay sellers seem to be overestimating the value of Nutty issues, but they really aren't that scarce (I come across them quite a lot) and they're too recent to be hugely collectible.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

I'm on about the first issue not the rest as you can pick those up for a quid each or thereabouts