Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by philcom55 »

'What's for tea Ma?' :)

blaing

Post by blaing »

A Dandy annual. Yours for a reasonable(?) price of £444.70

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Good-The-Dan ... ect=mobile

judomole

Post by judomole »

here is another one to boggle the mind !! :shock:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-COLLEC ... Sw0vJcUaxy

Captain underpants

Post by Captain underpants »

On the opposite end of the price scale since Christmas I have had a number of winning bids refunded and cancelled due to not making enough money for the seller .

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

blaing wrote:A Dandy annual. Yours for a reasonable(?) price of £444.70

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Good-The-Dan ... ect=mobile
its gone down to £52.89 now but still way too much

starscape

Post by starscape »

Not eBay but I was shocked my local Oxfam had a black-&-white reprint, Essential X-Men, for £15. Inside I was stunned to see another volume at £90! They are simply looking at what is listed online, not what is selling.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

starscape wrote:Not eBay but I was shocked my local Oxfam had a black-&-white reprint, Essential X-Men, for £15. Inside I was stunned to see another volume at £90! They are simply looking at what is listed online, not what is selling.
I’ve noticed that in a few charity shops recently. Shame

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Adam Eterno wrote:
starscape wrote:Not eBay but I was shocked my local Oxfam had a black-&-white reprint, Essential X-Men, for £15. Inside I was stunned to see another volume at £90! They are simply looking at what is listed online, not what is selling.
I’ve noticed that in a few charity shops recently. Shame
Same here, but I did go into one and they accepted my recommendations and I promptly ended up walking out the shop £35 lighter than when I walked in!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Anyone want a single page from Amazing Fantasy 15 with free sellotape? It's not even from the Spider-man story. Only £1387.65.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMAZING-FANT ... Sw2xRYX5LV

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Only £1387.65.
Without paying any regard to the actual value of this item, as I have no idea what that is, I do wonder what decision-making process the seller has used to reach such a high figure, and yet hasn't been able to resist adding a further 65p.

Robbie Moubert

Post by Robbie Moubert »

Phoenix wrote:
stevezodiac wrote:Only £1387.65.
Without paying any regard to the actual value of this item, as I have no idea what that is, I do wonder what decision-making process the seller has used to reach such a high figure, and yet hasn't been able to resist adding a further 65p.
It's from a US seller and the actual price is $1,795. The UK price is an approximate one given by eBay.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Robbie Moubert wrote:It's from a US seller and the actual price is $1,795. The UK price is an approximate one given by eBay.
The explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you, Robbie. The asking price on the other hand still doesn't, and never will.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Derek, Amazing Fantasy 15 was the first appearance of Spider-Man. They seem to be treating it like a lock of Jesus Christ's hair. Your chance to own a piece (literally) of history.

I'd be interested to know if any aspect of American Comics has ever appealed to you. I don't recall you expressing an interest. Obviously nothing they've published is anything like Thomson's story papers. But have you never desired to dip into Enemy Ace, Unknown Soldier or Haunted Tank? American western comics rarely had the gravitas of the war titles. War and Western being the only two genres I can think of that both countries share in comics.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:I'd be interested to know if any aspect of American Comics has ever appealed to you.
The simple answer, Steve, is 'No, not really'. I have read a few over the years, and I do have a few books about them, but they are double or triple-banked in one or other of my wall-to-wall wardrobes. Over 50 Years Of American Comic Books is one of them. Another is Comics, Comix & Graphic Novels - A History Of Comic Art by Roger Sabin. I know where both of those are, but I also have a large, thick, two-volume item, whose whereabouts is currently unknown, both of which are full of front covers in full colour on glossy pages. I think the first word in the title of both volumes begins with a 'G'. They must be somewhere in the house because I know I wouldn't have parted with them, but I'm too tired to look into the matter any further tonight, and almost certainly too busy tomorrow.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I collect the black and white Essential and Showcase collections but am amazed at some of the prices being asked on ebay. A few examples are Sgt. Rock vol. 1 at £138.86, Green Lantern vol. 1 at £116.66, Batman vol. 3 at £107.00, House of Mystery vol. 3 £86.36, Metamorpho vol. 1 at £82.93, Weird War Tales vol. 1 at £82.08, House of Secrets vol. 1 at £74.14 and DC Comics Presents vol. 1 at £73.96. I was lucky enough yesterday to get Supergirl vols 1 and 2 for £15 the pair and Phantom Stranger vol. 1 for £16.99 post free. Been after that one for ages. I already have 30 to 40 volumes but most were purchased for around £6.99 to £8.99 retail price. Glad I bought them when I did.