Bully Beef & Chips

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

Bully Beef & Chips

Post by Hawkeye »

Can anyone tell me when Bully Beef first appeared in the Dandy?

I think it may have been issue 1333, 10th June 67,

cheers

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Bully Beef & Chips

Post by Phoenix »

Hawkeye wrote:Can anyone tell me when Bully Beef first appeared in the Dandy? I think it may have been issue 1333, 10th June 67
The Dandy Monster Index 1937-1990 by Ray Moore (Kashgar) gives that issue number and date so you can certainly take it as read, Hawkeye, that it is correct.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Phoenix wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Can anyone tell me when Bully Beef first appeared in the Dandy? I think it may have been issue 1333, 10th June 67
The Dandy Monster Index 1937-1990 by Ray Moore (Kashgar) gives that issue number and date so you can certainly take it as read, Hawkeye, that it is correct.
Thank you

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hawkeye wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Anyone got any idea where I can get a copy of Rays book?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It's long out of print, try eBay.

Yekal

Post by Yekal »

Hi, My Uncle was the creator & original artist for Bully Beef, it was 1967 first published. My Uncle also created & drew The Jocks & Geordies, some Coporal Clott & some Dirty Dick.
I am always on the look out for any of my Uncles original artwork, if anyone knows of any for sale please pass it on. THANKS

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

Hi Yekal - What was your Uncle’s name as I’m sure we’d all like to honour him.

Personally I haven’t seen a single page but that’s probably because DC Thomson tightly guard their art vault, limiting what is out there.

I do dream of the day when they relax that.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Would I be correct, if your uncle was Jimmy Hughes?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Yokal, I was a fan of your uncle's work. Great stuff!