What comic related items did you get for christmas

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Bethanys grandad

What comic related items did you get for christmas

Post by Bethanys grandad »

Got in my stocking from Santa the new 2000AD Dan Dare book , the book of Gerry Anderson comic strips and a large book about DC Bronze Age comics :)

wilsia

Re: What comic related items did you get for christmas

Post by wilsia »

The Broons, Oor Wullie, King Features 100 years of newspaper strips ( an enormous book) and the Vault book on the Thunderbirds story.

I'm going to read some of the Broons book later this evening

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I have mentioned this already on another thread that I got a book on saucy seaside postcards put out by bamforth....I have been living in a hotel this past 3 days so my presents are as yet unopened...I look forwards to seeing this properly later on today......

SID

Post by SID »

A good Christmas - two gems:

Dan Dare - The 2000AD Years Book One.

The Trigan Empire - The Three Princes.

Great reading for Christmas and Boxing Day. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

BeanoMaster1

Post by BeanoMaster1 »

I got a set of four Peanuts comic books, The Beano Annual, The Dandy Annual, Dennis the Menace Annual 2008 and The Beano & Dandy Collection thing.
Last edited by BeanoMaster1 on 31 Dec 2015, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

7 Valiant annuals from the 70s when i used to get one every year. The entire collection of Valiant on DVD.....all 700+ comics which will take AGES to get through and the book Action: The Story of a Violent Comic.

Very Happy

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I have the Valiant collection Adam it is highly reccomended as is the 70s Wizard full run.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:I have the Valiant collection Adam it is highly reccomended as is the 70s Wizard full run.

I read the first two issues on the train to London yesterday and loved them. Only 728 to go!

Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Found a few comic related goodies under the ol' Christmas tree:

Pandarve: the Worlds of Don Lawrence,
Beano annuals from 2003 (inc. rather scary inside cover artwork and a dodgy CGI Dennis & Gnasher strip) and 2016.
The 2000AD Future Shock DVD...

... and purchased a load of Summer and Holiday specials just before Xmas and kept wrapped until the 25th. All in immaculate condition aside from 2 with slightly rolled edges. Mostly comics I never read as a a kid (apart from Cor and Whoopee obviously - Couldn't be seen playing with Action Man AND reading Tammy!) so I'm enjoying pootling through these:
June & Pixie - '74, '75
June & School Friend - '77, '78
Tammy and Sandie - '74
Tammy - '76, '77, '78, '79
Jinty - '78
Tina - '76
Frankie Stein - '75
Cor! - '75, '76

Will Eisner's The Building.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

A few nice bits...

-This year's Beano and Dandy annuals
-Four of the Robert Harrop Beano statues from 1994 (?) - Biffo, Dennis, Roger and Gnasher (very nice!)
-This year's Viz annual
-A tin of Dennis the Menace biscuits
-Another tin of biscuits, this one shaped like a bus full of Beano folk
-A Dandy-themed tin of fudge
-Viz: The Telly Times (the best of Roger Mellie)
-The two big fat collections of Bobby London's Popeye strips from 1986-1992
-The Best of Willie by Frank Harris (daily comic strip from the Liverpool Echo until about ten years ago)
-This year's Giles collection
-Gary Larson's The Far Side Gallery
-A book by Jon Morris called The League of Regrettable Superheroes (Doctor Hormone, Fatman the Human Flying Saucer, The Black Dwarf, Rainbow Boy, that sort of thing)
-Panini's Dandy Beano Celebration sticker album from 1987, with almost all of the stickers in it
-A Peanuts tin plate thing

Very nice! A friend of mine got me a red-and-black striped jumper as well, but it was too small so she said she'd be getting one made for me in the new year...
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Adam Eterno wrote:
ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:I have the Valiant collection Adam it is highly reccomended as is the 70s Wizard full run.

I read the first two issues on the train to London yesterday and loved them. Only 728 to go!

:D :D :D :D :D