Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

koollectablz

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by koollectablz »

I had no idea Red Daggers were quite as expensive tbh. I've had a fair few over the years but only really sold them around £3-5 a pop. Definitely missed a trick there I think.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I suspect that the seller who is asking £25 for each of his issues of RED DAGGER is in for as many disappointments as he has issues of RED DAGGER for sale.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'll be wishing the best for Bolton on Sunday. And hoping Charlton can go up for our nearest local derby to be reinstated.

Another day sat indoors waiting for Hermes delivery (Whizzer & Chips) it's raining so the best place, really.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:I'll be wishing the best for Bolton on Sunday.
Thanks, Steve. The problem is that I think they are going to need more than your good wishes. The issue is very clear. We have to beat Nottingham Forest at home, Burton Albion have to lose at Preston, and Barnsley have to lose at Derby. Given the way that a few weeks ago Bolton took Aston Villa apart, and they are now in the promotion Play Offs, a victory over Forest isn't entirely unlikely, but nerves will play a part. My optimistic side is saying Preston will win because they have to win to get into the Play Offs, and Derby will also win because they have to win to stay there. My pessimistic side is saying that both Preston and Derby will win but Bolton won't!!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

This is the highest price I've ever seen this go for: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Masters-of-t ... Sw5zBaz42e

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Bolton were 2-1 down with three minutes to go and facing relegation. They won 3-2. Derek is still sitting staring into space surrounded by fingernails.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Bolton were 2-1 down with three minutes to go and facing relegation. They won 3-2. Derek is still sitting staring into space surrounded by fingernails.
Well, not quite, Steve. However, I did sink several pint cans of Kronenbourg during the afternoon, partly because we weren't getting updates from SKY regularly enough. I mean who wants to know how Fulham are doing every five minutes? OK, they were in the promotion race but it was just adding insult to injury given that they very recently signed our main striker Gary Madine for a reported £6m fee. I reckon that even at my age I would have been able to shoot straighter than our other four forwards. Still, I suppose the thinking behind it was that it meant that we could carry on paying our turnstile operators, programme sellers and catering staff, rather than assuming that they would work for nothing. When we were in the Premier League, a local multimillionaire called Eddie Davies was funding acquisitions like Stelios, Jay-Jay Okocha (so good they named him twice), Ivan Campo, who would trip over the elastic holding his shorts up to get a free kick, Youri Djorkaeff from Kaiserslautern (I think), Fernando Hierro from Real Madrid, who put off his retirement to play for us for a year (he might have been influenced by the king's ransom we were prepared to pay him for twelve months int' frozen North), and Gary Speed. We did finish 8th one year too. If memory serves, that was the season we beat Manchester United 2-0 away. And who could forget Michael Ricketts? He did score a fair number of goals to be fair but some of the ones he missed, Lois could have scored. I don't suppose it would have done her feet much good though, and could have ruined her ballet future. I think I've already mentioned that she was in a show in Redruth last week. She's going to FaceTime me within the next hour or so to tell me all about it. It's the first of the shows she's been in that I haven't been down to watch. I hope she remembered to get me a programme. The DVD is on order.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I was at the comic fair so couldn't watch bbc score or BT score (if they were on, they weren't on Saturday).

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:I was at the comic fair so couldn't watch bbc score or BT score (if they were on, they weren't on Saturday).
Well, as I said earlier, Steve, I did have a few pint cans of Kronenbourg while following things on SKY Sports, such as Bolton's progress, but I didn't have anything like enough of them to persuade me that Sunday was Saturday.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

A great deal for anyone able to pick up from Milton Keynes. This lot will keep you in reading material for years!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000ad-compl ... Sw1kRbDorE

judomole

Post by judomole »

I see this is up for sale today
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dandy-Beano- ... Swo3tatqk1

be interesting to see where the price ends up not in the thousand pound bracket yet

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

judomole wrote:I see this is up for sale today

be interesting to see where the price ends up not in the thousand pound bracket yet
I'd be surprised if it went for more than £500 in that condition. I'd love to own a copy though! 30th Century have have had one for sale at £750 for 6 months or more. One wwas sold on Ebay 3 years ago for £1300 but that was in VFN condition.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Adam Eterno wrote:
judomole wrote:I see this is up for sale today

I'd be surprised if it went for more than £500 in that condition. I'd love to own a copy though! 30th Century have have had one for sale at £750 for 6 months or more. One wwas sold on Ebay 3 years ago for £1300 but that was in VFN condition.
£200 final shout. A lot lower than I thought. Maybe I should have had a punt!

starscape

Post by starscape »

Someone got the first appearance of Superman in a British comic (advertisement that is) for £2.50 with postage included. The seller has no idea what he's just sold!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292665223778?ul_noapp=true
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I dunno, it's not the first appearance after all, but then I'm not really into adverts and flyers and stuff. Even if I'd seen it I wouldn't have bought it.