Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

Post Reply
User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 31 Jul 2016, 16:50

philcom55 wrote:What a fantastic present! Now you'll have to think of something equally spectacular to get for Mrs. Eterno! :)

I wonder if she'd like a few Commando comics...................

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 07 Aug 2016, 11:57

These Action comics are getting to a good price with 8 hours to go: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2226472864

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 14 Aug 2016, 10:21

Great price achieved for 2000AD #2 without the gift! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381728447080? ... EBIDX%3AIT

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 20 Aug 2016, 10:34

Not my kind of thing but a lovely item if you're in to Shiver & Shake: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIVER-AND-SH ... Sw65FXs3e2

I have no idea what this kind of thing will go for??

This is also a lot for a run of TV Comics that don't seem in the best of condition although I don't think I've seen a run as long as this before: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252499765259? ... EBIDX%3AIT

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 26 Aug 2016, 09:05

That is a hefty opening bid for Triumph #772!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222224493723? ... EBIDX%3AIT

big bad bri
Posts: 1753
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by big bad bri » 26 Aug 2016, 10:59

Adam Eterno wrote:That is a hefty opening bid for Triumph #772!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222224493723? ... EBIDX%3AIT
its apprantly had 1 bid zero feedback either as buyer or seller so i assume thats a fake bid by a fake acc.probably one the seller himself has made.

User avatar
starscape
Posts: 976
Joined: 17 Jul 2011, 14:51
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by starscape » 26 Aug 2016, 17:59

big bad bri wrote:
Adam Eterno wrote:That is a hefty opening bid for Triumph #772!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222224493723? ... EBIDX%3AIT
its apprantly had 1 bid zero feedback either as buyer or seller so i assume thats a fake bid by a fake acc.probably one the seller himself has made.
It sold for £30-40 at a recent auction.

big bad bri
Posts: 1753
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by big bad bri » 26 Aug 2016, 23:52

that fake or zero feedback bid has been retracted and looks like a genuine bid is in place now

User avatar
koollectablz
Posts: 490
Joined: 05 Mar 2006, 18:30

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by koollectablz » 27 Aug 2016, 16:28

Adam Eterno wrote:Not my kind of thing but a lovely item if you're in to Shiver & Shake: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIVER-AND-SH ... Sw65FXs3e2

I have no idea what this kind of thing will go for??

This is also a lot for a run of TV Comics that don't seem in the best of condition although I don't think I've seen a run as long as this before: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252499765259? ... EBIDX%3AIT
I had a go at the shiver and shake, but my bid got well and truly crushed, great item though.

I also made an offer on the TV Comic run (no where near his asking price though).

I'd be very interested in what others thought is a realistic amount for the run?

It's 1-300, #1 looks very tatty, #2 also rough, and another five issues in the first 10 have the muffin coupon cut out which really killed the value for me.

My take on it was that the first 15 are saleable plus another couple from the next 285 due to the first appearances of sooty and noddy.

I'd assume that these are only really saleable as a run so aren't available to sell any issues separately.

I offered £1 a copy for the run which tbh I actually think was a pretty decent, even quite strong offer, but was told that was an insult and that he'd rather keep them... :o

What do people here think?

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 28 Aug 2016, 00:53

starscape wrote: It sold for £30-40 at a recent auction.

Wow! Where was that??

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 28 Aug 2016, 01:04

koollectablz wrote:
I'd be very interested in what others thought is a realistic amount for the run?

It's 1-300, #1 looks very tatty, #2 also rough, and another five issues in the first 10 have the muffin coupon cut out which really killed the value for me.

My take on it was that the first 15 are saleable plus another couple from the next 285 due to the first appearances of sooty and noddy.

I'd assume that these are only really saleable as a run so aren't available to sell any issues separately.

I offered £1 a copy for the run which tbh I actually think was a pretty decent, even quite strong offer, but was told that was an insult and that he'd rather keep them... :o

What do people here think?

Sorry you missed out on the Shiver and Shakes. I think £300 was a pretty fair offer because of the early ones being so poor. I definitely wouldn't have offered more. The figure of £250 was in my head when I first saw the listing.


User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 28 Aug 2016, 01:22

I think I remember seeing that after the fact. It wasn't in the best condition and sold for £45 but that's still a lot less than I would have thought as the comic has achieved over £1000 in the US 3 times this year on Ebay.

User avatar
koollectablz
Posts: 490
Joined: 05 Mar 2006, 18:30

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by koollectablz » 28 Aug 2016, 08:04

Yeah I've seen the triumph go for quite a lot, but I'm in two minds if it's worth it in the least.

I've had it when I bought a bound volume many years ago, which had all of the first run in it. I sold the whole volume for under £50 if I remember correctly. I always saw it as a curiousity rather than anything else.

Yeah shame I missed out on the shiver and shake, tbh my bid was quite a lot under the final one so I'm not totally gutted.

It seems bound comics are actually fetching a really good price nowadays, I can see the attraction.

In fact that was what I'd do with the TV Comics if I'd bought them.

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1303
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by Adam Eterno » 28 Aug 2016, 08:52

koollectablz wrote:
It seems bound comics are actually fetching a really good price nowadays, I can see the attraction.

In fact that was what I'd do with the TV Comics if I'd bought them.
Funny you say that as I was looking at the cost of binding comics last night after looking at the Shiver 'n Shakes! £20 for up to 3cm thick and £10 for each additional cm was the first one I found which doesn't seem a bad price at all.

Post Reply