Collecting Long runs

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Collecting Long runs

Post by Digifiend »

:shock: 8) Wow! That's less than 200 short of the complete collections! You must only be missing wartime and pre-war issues, which is understandable considering most copies were pulped for the war effort. :(

Earl

Post by Earl »

STARBOY wrote:not only is the markof the beast number not 666, but Spidey has also fought demons in the past (and recently) as well in Team ups with Doctor Strange and others :D

EARL Ive sent you a PM re the comics let me know if you want these and I'll send them to you.
Comics arrived safe and sound. Thanks for the assist in filling out this run.

Earl.

Earl

Post by Earl »

I have made some further progress with my runs. Examples below include annuals and specials...

2000AD 1617
Eagle (2nd Series) 485
Roy of the Rovers 339
Mickey Mouse (70's) 219
Whizzer and Chips 172
Beano 541
Beezer 272
Hornet 263
Beano Comics Library 218
Dandy Comics Library 199
Dandy 175
Spider-Man (Marvel UK) 550
Mighty World of Marvel 277
Look-In 363

And from the USA...

Uncanny X-Men 541
Avengers 254
Amazing Spider-Man 213
Action Comics 676
Batman 560
Detective Comics 438
Superman 587

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Earl wrote:I have made some further progress with my runs. Examples below include annuals and specials...

Eagle (2nd Series) 485
Hornet 263
Look-In 363
Mmm very nice would like to have those in my collection specially Look-In what dates are the Look-In from?

Earl

Post by Earl »

Ignoring one issue from 1974 that I got as a back issue I have a fair range of issues between 1976 and 1979. These are my childhood copies when I would get issues with favoured TV series like Six Million Dollar Man. Then I have a more comprehensive run from 1980 to mid 1986 which were my sisters childhood collection - she collected it for the POP element. I have been slowly filling some gaps in that 1976 to 1986 run.

Earl.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

colcool007 wrote: Misty (97 down 5 to go)
Actually, colcool you only have 4 issues to go - there were 101 issues. There was no issue on 6th January 1979.

Collections I have:

Misty - complete
Spellbound - complete
Lucky Charm - complete
Girl Picture Library - complete
Jinty - 2 missing
Nikki - 5 missing
Katy - complete
Lindy - 1 missing
Sandie - 1 missing
Tammy - 23 missing
Emma - 7 missing
Pixie - complete

I also have collections of Barbie, Bunty, Debbie, Judy, June, M & J, Mandy, Princess, Princess Tina, Sally, Tina and Tracy. I also have a lot of Bunty, Judy, Mandy, Debbie, Schoolgirl's, June & School Friend and Princess picture story libraries. On top of allthat there are smatterings of Diana, Penny, Girls' Crystal, School friend and Suzy - not to mention all the various annuals!! Needless to say storage is a problem!!

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Oops!! I forgot the summer specials and Misty and Bunty monthly comics - and the one Supermag for girls!! :)

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Blimey Helsbels amazing collection, and so close to completing some titles.

Earl

Post by Earl »

Suzy, now that's a title you don't see on ebay very often. I only have a single issue in my collection. Kim from Marvel UK is another title equally as elusive.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

helsbels wrote:Collections I have:
Helen, I do have quite a number of duplicate issues of Jinty, Tammy, Nikki and Emma. If you PM me your lists of missing issues of those titles, I will check for you at the weekend.