Ian Rankin's "New Career in Comics"

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I know it's not strictly a UK title but there was an interesting article in yesterday's Times announcing that Scotland's Ian (Inspector Rebus) Rankin is soon going to be writing DC's Hellblazer comic. The best-selling crime novelist told the Times that he grew up reading the Beano and the Dandy before moving on to more sophisticated comics: "sadly at the age of 46 I'm still reading them" he said.

- Phil Rushton

Cap Haggis

Post by Cap Haggis »

I find it amazing how many Brits are involved in US comics, there particularly seem to be a lot of Scottish artists and writers working on their books - I reckon its all becasue the ship yards and steel works closed down - bloody Thatcher lol - still makes you wonder what if the UK industry was strong enough to kep some of these guys here working on UK comics how cool would they be then?!!!
Cap Haggis to the rescue of all deep fried foods

presterjohn

Post by presterjohn »

Wow that is interesting news. I love Ian Rankin and am also quite fond of Hellblazer. I will definately seek out the issues that he writes. Does anyone have a link to the article in the Times?