Rebellion Purchase Comic Cuts & Look In

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Retro1972

Re: Rebellion Purchase Comic Cuts & Look In

Post by Retro1972 »

I see what you mean £70 for just over 100 pages. Stunning art though. Here's hoping rebellion can get it down to something a bit more affordable.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

SID wrote:That's brilliant news!!! :cheers:

Glad that all that rich heritage have returned to mother Britain.

I must admit, apart from the obvious, I would love to see collected works from Look-In such as the Six Million Dollar Man, etc... (if the licensing allows it).

Apart from Look and Learn, Eagle and DCT, there any comics that Rebellion now doesn't own? TV21, TV Tornado, Lady Penelope, Joe 90, TV Comic and TV Action come to mind. But what others?

(Off to IKEA to buy more shelving for the new collections that will be coming out.)
what shelving do you buy in ikea ive heard good things about billy bookcases i need more myself as ive been buying the marvel graphic novel collection .

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Sounds just great re: Look-In.

I have seen a website dedicated to its "Sapphire & Steel" picture strip, so this should perhaps be one of the first ones they should issue on reprint. I'd love it if the Mike Noble drawn "Timeslip" is one of the first too.

SID

Post by SID »

big bad bri wrote:
SID wrote:That's brilliant news!!! :cheers:

Glad that all that rich heritage have returned to mother Britain.

I must admit, apart from the obvious, I would love to see collected works from Look-In such as the Six Million Dollar Man, etc... (if the licensing allows it).

Apart from Look and Learn, Eagle and DCT, there any comics that Rebellion now doesn't own? TV21, TV Tornado, Lady Penelope, Joe 90, TV Comic and TV Action come to mind. But what others?

(Off to IKEA to buy more shelving for the new collections that will be coming out.)
what shelving do you buy in ikea ive heard good things about billy bookcases i need more myself as ive been buying the marvel graphic novel collection .
The one and the same. :D Decent prices too.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I bought the first year or so of Look-In but got rid of them apart from number 1. But I did cut out the Timeslip pages and put them in two scrapbooks which I sold on eBay this year. Wish I'd kept the Look-Ins now.

standby4action

Post by standby4action »

stevezodiac wrote:I bought the first year or so of Look-In but got rid of them apart from number 1. But I did cut out the Timeslip pages and put them in two scrapbooks which I sold on eBay this year. Wish I'd kept the Look-Ins now.
ME TOO! I threw all the Look-Ins on a bonfire in 1978 but could not get rid of Mike's brilliant work. I still have those pages. What always worried me about reprints is the quality not matching the original publications but if they do reprint them, I'll get a copy!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Yes. Unless they're shot from original artwork I find that there's almost always some degradation in the quality of reprints. The original versions are nearly always best.

starscape

Post by starscape »

I believe TV reprints are dependent upon the TV copyright holder and that's very difficult with Sapphire and Steel especially, due to confusion over who holds these
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

So we might get Sapphire with Steel edited out? :)

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

stevezodiac wrote:So we might get Sapphire with Steel edited out? :)
...Well, the powers-that-be had already ruled out all the transuranic elements! :)

Dave Heeley

Post by Dave Heeley »

Great news. Looking forward to buying more shelves too.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

I remember Mike Noble once saying that the strip he enjoyed doing most in Look-In were the much gentler tales of Worzel Gummidge! I never found the WG strips nearly as good as the TV series (one reason being the Crow Man rarely featured from what I remember).

I hope the strips of The Tomorrow People & Space 1999 also get the reprint treatment too.