What am I doing wrong?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Hawkeye »

Still trying to sort out how to search for Platinum, Golden age UK comics on ebay. I put a question to the ebay community and thought I had a reasonable answer, but it doesn't work that well.

Search 'books, comics and mags'
scroll down the left side of the page and click 'comics'
again on the left 'UK, franco etc'
again on the left 'year see all'
click on '1900' only and apply - comes up with 45 UK results
go back and click on '1901' only - comes up with international sellers only
go back and click on '1902' only - int sellers only
go back and click on '1903' only - comes up with 96 UK results
go back and click on 1900, 1901, 1902 and 1903. You would expect 141 UK and some int sellers results but what comes up?.....................................EIGHT, yes EIGHT UK results. What the hell is going on?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by colcool007 »

I have the opposite problem. I search by name and end up with 171,000 results! And that's for Starblazer!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

colcool007 wrote:I have the opposite problem. I search by name and end up with 171,000 results! And that's for Starblazer!
Same for me but with ant title I'm looking for it seems to bring up every comic on ebay, this will hit my sales and every comic seller on ebay as people give up looking after a few pages.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

big bad bri wrote:
colcool007 wrote:I have the opposite problem. I search by name and end up with 171,000 results! And that's for Starblazer!
Same for me but with ant title I'm looking for it seems to bring up every comic on ebay, this will hit my sales and every comic seller on ebay as people give up looking after a few pages.

I've always enjoyed a browse for an hour or so around 9pm, now I only spend 10 minutes or so and I'm fed up with it.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Looking at it from another point of view..........on the off chance that I ever do find something I want to bid on, chances are nobody else will be bidding against me.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Hawkeye wrote:
big bad bri wrote:

I've always enjoyed a browse for an hour or so around 9pm, now I only spend 10 minutes or so and I'm fed up with it.
I've taken a break from Ebay browsing until they sort these problems out as I've gone from buying £100+ of comics a week to around a tenner spent and selling £100+ a week to a tenner's worth sold in the last fortnight!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I've taken a break from Ebay browsing until they sort these problems out as I've gone from buying £100+ of comics a week to around a tenner spent and selling £100+ a week to a tenner's worth sold in the last fortnight!

Do you think there's any possibility of it getting sorted?

Quite a few times when the message comes up 'Tell us what you think', I've answered 'You've made a complete mess of the UK comics',
but I don't suppose that will be taken notice of.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Maybe a website entitled What on earth is eBay playing at? Get the national press involved. I've completed a "What do you think" box but have no idea if they are interested. The sad thing is there were no reasons to make the changes.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

There must be some logic behind it as everything happens for a reason , i just can't see what the reason is.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

big bad bri wrote:There must be some logic behind it as everything happens for a reason , i just can't see what the reason is.
Its got to be something to do with making more cash for themselves, it usually is.