DC Thomson Heritage Comics?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Spencer

DC Thomson Heritage Comics?

Post by Spencer »

Hi all,

I was excited to see DC Thomson following in the footsteps of Rebellion and finally dipping in to their archives.

I bought the Starblazer book recently and even downloaded the Spellbound digital comic on ComiXology before it mysteriously disappeared a few days after Halloween.

I now see that both their Facebook and Twitter accounts no longer exist?

Does anybody have any information on this at all?

Thanks

peace355

Re: DC Thomson Heritage Comics?

Post by peace355 »

I did wonder if I was the only one that managed to get a copy of Spellbound before it mysteriously disappeared. It seemed a nicely put together book too, with some of the new stories too.

I did email the dct archives to enquire about this and got a reply that they forwarded on my enquiry to heritage department (I couldn't find an email for heritage department myself) but did not hear back from them. I'm guessing some legal reasons cropped up but it's very odd that they just removed everything without releasing some statement saying it wouldn't be released.

Helen Fay

Post by Helen Fay »

I have to say I was really disappointed that the digital Spellbound never materialized and I was hoping for an actual printed copy too. I wonder what happened to it?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Fear not good reader, your friendly neighbourhood stalker... er, no I mean superfan. Definitely no stalking involved...

I have spoken to the great and the good within those walls and I have been assured that it's a tidy up of social media and that the Spellbound download will be back in the New Year.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Helen Fay wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 13:48
I have to say I was really disappointed that the digital Spellbound never materialized and I was hoping for an actual printed copy too. I wonder what happened to it?
And welcome back Helen aka Helsbels.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

SID

Post by SID »

colcool007 wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 17:24
Fear not good reader, your friendly neighbourhood stalker... er, no I mean superfan. Definitely no stalking involved...

I have spoken to the great and the good within those walls and I have been assured that it's a tidy up of social media and that the Spellbound download will be back in the New Year.
That is great news. Must admit, I would like to buy a printed copy.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Helen Fay

Post by Helen Fay »

It's good to be back! I've had a bit of a sabbatical after moving house and selling off a lot of my collection (too much to fit in when sharing a house with someone else.who has a lot of stuff!). I'm really pleased with the amount of activity going on in the world of comics - it's lovely to see all the reprints of classics back.on the shelves alongside the new material as well.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

DCT are certainly taking their time ‘tidying up’ their social media. Does anybody know what has happened to their Heritage Comics department?

Only asking out of pure selfishness as I was hoping they would be able to provide archive gems as Rebellion are doing with their Treasury of British Comics range...

Anyone have any update?