Looking For UK Comic Character

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

fredster

Looking For UK Comic Character

Post by fredster »

Hello, looking for British comic character from my childhood, mad scientist uses a shrink ray to reduce people & animals, leaving buildings at normal size, shrinks 2 police detectives/government agents, they met other small people (the scientist shrinks anyone who annoys him) & have to survive the hazards of the scientist’s home & garden, scientist uses ray on the populations of villages, towns then later a city, also builds technology into a ring to use against people, it was in black & white, thought it might have been Lion comics, Valiant or Vulcan but none seem to match. Does anyone remember this?

Kashgar
Guru

Re: Looking For UK Comic Character

Post by Kashgar »

You could be describing 'The Shrinker' which ran in Buster comic in five series from 29/6/63 until 16/1/65 with art by Mike Western and Carlos Cruz and scripted by Tom Tully and which was then reprinted in Valiant 2/6/68 to 10/1/70.

fredster

Post by fredster »

Thank you so much, I will check that out, do you know of anywhere I can read it? Thanks again.

fredster

Post by fredster »

You were right, this is exactly what I was looking for, I am so grateful for the information.

karl

Post by karl »

hi fredster
i probably have most if not all of those valiant issues if you are still interested in reading those shrinker stories
karl