Vulcan "Lost" Issues????

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

SID

Vulcan "Lost" Issues????

Post by SID »

Hi, guys.

Found an interesting find at the ComicVine website today.

Now I know that Vulcan's last issue was on 3rd April 1976 where the next week, it merged with Valiant.

But you wouldn't get that impression when you check the covers listed in the URL below. Instead, it appears that the comic carried on to 1979 where it even changed its logo's design to match Action's.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/vulcan/4 ... asc&page=2

Very clever and if you check, a number of these additional covers are taken from Vulcan's German twin - Kobra (translation included).

Of course, another explanation is that I have fallen through a dimension warp into a parallel universe where Vulcan never merged with Valiant but I should be able to prove/disprove that by watching an original Star Trek episode and see if Spock has a beard. :wink:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Adam Eterno

Re: Vulcan "Lost" Issues????

Post by Adam Eterno »

You’ve got me there! I would have bought these too!

Robbie Moubert

Post by Robbie Moubert »

Those covers are from fan-made compilations. Initially they used the Kobra issues to continue Vulcan beyond the point where it merged with Valiant. When they ran out of Kobras they carried on by using scans from the comics where the strips originally appeared.

SID

Post by SID »

I think they have done a great job. My only regret is that the comics don't actually exist or, as Adam says, I would be buying them too.

Now spot the fake
Attachments
Vulcan(2) - Final.jpg
7471168-vulcan760410(1976)pagecover.jpg
ValiantandVulcan.jpg
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).