How much has your comic buying and reading changed over the years

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Captain underpants

How much has your comic buying and reading changed over the years

Post by Captain underpants »

My comic buying and reading has changed several times in the past ten years or so I used to collect pocket library comics buying loads each month which ended up with 1000s of commando,war and battle comics many I never ended reading. I have spent many weeks sorting out my pocket library’s and are slowly selling off all the commando etc war type books but keeping the titles which I enjoy the most which are all non world war comics I found I even had over 60 star blazer doubles which will soon be up for sale. What has changed my habits is a new shop has opened 5 minutes walk from my house which has a area selling the latest and back issues of American comics all new bagged and boarded starting from £1 so it renewed my interest in American comics which never went away just got too expensive for a retired old fart. I must admit if I won big on the lottery I would buy TV21 , , , pow, wham, solo comics etc which I read as a child

Into The Abyss

Re: How much has your comic buying and reading changed over the years

Post by Into The Abyss »

Being a collector have periods where I source comics & annuals from my childhood. I then had a change of direction in the sense that I started collecting sci-fi & horror figure sets, especially with the 2005 reboot of Doctor Who when I had virtually every release from Eccleston to Smith and 99.9% classic Forbidden Planet exclusive sets and signed variants, but was forced to sell them all due to space issues. I then refocused my effort back to collecting comics again, mostly 1940s or earlier Beano & Dandy, and more recently original comic art as both were far easier to store that the hundreds of figure sets that I once owned, although I do still buy certain limited edition movie & TV horror figure sets like Salem's Lot, The Fog, Evil Dead and so on......
Well, hello there! :wave: