GCD indexing anomaly

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

GCD indexing anomaly

Post by stevezodiac »

I found some Beezers in my storage unit and among them are Beezer and Cracker and Beezer and Plug issues. These are 16 page tabloid comics but the four centre pages are either Best of Cracker or Best of Plug sections. Printed sideways and designed to be pulled out, folded in half and cut along the top to form an eight page half tabloid comic like Beano and Dandy of that time. My problem is how do I index these on Grand Comics Database? As I say the Beezer itself is 16 pages and the inside back covers are numbered 15. But one person has already indexed a copy of Beezer and Cracker as a 20 page comic with the half tabloid strips being classed as 1 page each instead of half a page of the tabloid comic. Ray Moore's Book of Beezer also classes them as a 20 page comic. I am in discussion with GCD about how to index them but would appreciate input from members here. I have previously indexed the Doctor Who strips in Mighty TV Comic as 1 page of the tabloid pages that Mighty TV Comic tried for a while even though they were originally two pages of the half tabloid TV Comic. Personally I think I should keep to the 16 page Beezer total and index the Cracker and Plug section strips as half pages (or one page for the two page strips like Iron Hands).

Hope this all makes sense.

Al
Sir!

Re: GCD indexing anomaly

Post by Al »

IMO - They are 16 pages comics and should be indexed as such.

If I was to take one of those 16-page tabloid comics, cut them in half from left to right, place the bottom half inside the top half, it doesn't miraculously become a 32 page comic :D

Hopefully, 16-page comics are not self-identifying as 20-page comics now :D

stevezodiac

Re: GCD indexing anomaly

Post by stevezodiac »

As I said the Beezer pages are numbered and the inside back page is numbered as 15 but those four centre pages are not numbered. I agree with Al and am tempted to alter that indexed issue that is currently 20 pages to make it 16 pages but wonder if the original indexer would take umbrage. I have added an explanatory note to Beezer and Cracker and Beezer and Plug on GCD to let people know of the format.