Johnny Nemo in Deadline

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

Alan McK

Johnny Nemo in Deadline

Post by Alan McK »

Hello,

Does anyone have a full run of Deadline Magazine? I'm trying to compile - on Brett's behalf - an index to the Johnny Nemo stories that appeared in Deadline ...

I'm looking for:

Deadline Issue Number
Cover Date
Nemo Story Title
Nemo Story Page Count
Scripter
Penciller (mostly Brett but some were Dillon, I think)
Inker (ditto)

It'd be handy to know which of the covers are Brett's artwork (not just the Nemo ones)

This is for an index of Brett comics work, so any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alan M

Digifiend

Re: Johnny Nemo in Deadline

Post by Digifiend »

Wikipedia's Deadline article says that Johnny Nemo was written by Peter Milligan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadline_( ... e)#History

Alan McK

Post by Alan McK »

Digifiend wrote:Wikipedia's Deadline article says that Johnny Nemo was written by Peter Milligan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadline_( ... e)#History
Yes, I spotted that ... but of course, WIKIpedia isn't always right. I know that Brett definitely wrote some of those Nemos himself. And that some were either pencilled or inked by Steve Dillon. And I'm trying to get a definitive list together, which needs access to the actual printed copied of DEADLINE ...

But thanks for your help.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

I def have the first 6 issues of Deadline (and about 10 or so others from various times in the mags history) in my loft somewhere so will have a look (recently had a major bit of extension work done in the loft area so my comics were all flung into boxes and I've not had time to get them sorted out (think I may never have time lol - so might take some time as I have around 5,000 of them).

I assume you are talking about Brett Ewins??? if so I have issue 8 to hand and Johhny Nemo is in that; story Peter Milligan; Art Brett Ewins (8 pages) story entitled the Orb of Harmony part 2.