Douglas Perry (girls' comics 1970s-1990s?)

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Re: Douglas Perry (girls' comics 1970s-1990s?)

Post by philcom55 »

Funnily enough I don't have any of the Sally Annuals but I've got most of the Weeklies! :)

- Phil Rushton

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

I am resurrecting an old thread I know, but just to add that Douglas Perry drew a few nicely spooky stories in Jinty. He did a few Gypsy Rose stories; however I am particularly thinking of two stories, "Come Into My Parlour" (mind control by a very evil witch - see cover linked to here) and "Shadow on the Fen" (witchfinder persecutes an innocent girl, who is transported through time to the present day where she finds friends who can help her - cover art linked to here).
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

comixminx wrote:I am resurrecting an old thread I know, but just to add that Douglas Perry drew a few nicely spooky stories in Jinty. He did a few Gypsy Rose stories; however I am particularly thinking of two stories, "Come Into My Parlour" (mind control by a very evil witch - see cover linked to here) and "Shadow on the Fen" (witchfinder persecutes an innocent girl, who is transported through time to the present day where she finds friends who can help her - cover art linked to here).
And talking of which - here is a post by Tammyfan on the Jinty blog, about the story "Shadow on the Fen"!
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.