Miguel Quesada

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

comixminx

Miguel Quesada

Post by comixminx »

I have been contacted by a blogger who is in touch with Miguel Quesada, a Spanish artist who worked on UK war and girls' comics. The only story he did for Jinty was "A Dream for Yvonne", but I know he did some covers and stories for Tammy, and at least one story for Lindy, "Pavement Patsy". The blogger, José Ruiz del Amor, is the writer behind a dedicated blog on Spanish artists (Tebeos de Factura Hispana). José wants to send scans of the stories that Miguel Quesada worked on to MQ himself. I will scan and send him pages from "A Dream for Yvonne", but can anyone help with scans from any other stories that Quesada drew?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Re: Miguel Quesada

Post by Tammyfan »

I have a lot of Quesada in my Tammy collection. The Stranger in My Shoes, Nell Nobody, Linda Left-Out, Back-Stab Ballerina, Lord of the Dance and others. Some of the stories are not complete, but others are.
Last edited by Tammyfan on 11 Sep 2022, 21:59, edited 2 times in total.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Tammyfan wrote:I have a lot of Quesada in my Tammy collection. Little Miss Nothing, The Stranger in My Shoes, Nell Nobody, Linda Left-Out, Back-Stab Ballerina, Lord of the Dance and others. Some of the stories are not complete, but others are.
That is a lot, Tammyfan! José Ruiz Del Amor is after scans of whatever he can get hold of, to send on to Miguel Quesada, but that would be a lot to do.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

I have been scanning a number of pages from "A Dream for Yvonne" that Quesada drew for Jinty. Can anyone else supply scans of other Quesada stories, perhaps just an episode of each?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Is that the same Miguel Quesada that drew some of the Trigan Empire or are we talking about a different one?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

colcool007 wrote:Is that the same Miguel Quesada that drew some of the Trigan Empire or are we talking about a different one?
Think it's the same person - he had a brother called Pedro Quesada, and a son called Miguel Quesada who is still active, but the son is probably too young to be the Trigan Empire artist.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Update: I am not sure Miguel Quesada drew Little Miss Nothing from Tammy. He may be a contributor, as he is listed as part of the artistic credits from David Roach for Little Miss Nothing. Others were Miguel Rosello and Luis Bermejo.