Mike Hubbard - But where were they published?

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

standby4action

Mike Hubbard - But where were they published?

Post by standby4action »

It occurred to me to ask you guys and gals about some artwork I own by Mike Hubbard - he of "Jane Bond" fame from Princess Tina.
These are the titles written on the artboards and some have two images from one 'title' which I assume is the story and some have only one but the board has two images (saving the cost of artboard and also making me think they appeared in one book- most likely for girls)
-Facing the stampede
-The Haunted Chalet
-Lake of No Return
-Menace of the Mountain
-Mystery of the Lake
-Second Sight
It has been suggested they might have appeared in "The Bumper Story Book for Girls 1975" (there's also a Boys) but everything I see says not - although the covers look to me to be by Hubbard
Any help gratefully received! I've asked both Phil Rushton and David Roach but no joy so far! Here are four examples

Image Image Image Image

Goof

Re: Mike Hubbard - But where were they published?

Post by Goof »

Afraid I can't help with this one, as I've not seen them before. I agree they can't be The Bumper Book for Girls 1975, as one of the eBay listings shows the contents page, and none of these story titles is included. However, it may possibly be another book in this series. The Book Palace has some artwork which they attribute to the 1976 issue ( https://bookpalace.com/acatalog/info_Hu ... ery31.html ), and Comic Art Fans has a piece said to be from The Bumper Book for Boys 1975 ( https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypie ... ce=1271111 ). Also, it seems that you may be looking for more than one book, as you have two page 3's in these examples.

standby4action

Re: Mike Hubbard - But where were they published?

Post by standby4action »

Ooh Goof, I hadn't noticed the page numbering on the artwork. I shall have to dig them out and CAREFULLY make notes of them and go from there. I can't find any reference to a 1976 - except with Book Palace - but shall carry on searching just in case. Thanks a lot Goof