Original Beano Plug Comic Art (Kev F Sutherland)

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Into The Abyss

Original Beano Plug Comic Art (Kev F Sutherland)

Post by Into The Abyss »

Just sourced direct from the artist a very cool page of Beano comic art.

The A3 page which is on Bristol board was done by Kevin F Sutherland. It was published in the weekly issue of the comic back in 2007 and has been signed & dated

This black & white strip stars Plug from The Bash St Kids in the solo adventure Rocket Pants. Also features Teacher and Toots.

Well, hello there! :wave:

Shiner

Re: Original Beano Plug Comic Art (Kev F Sutherland)

Post by Shiner »

Was it published like that with “Holy Bum” ? I get the context for what happens next but seems a bit un-Beano like.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Shiner wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 16:53
Was it published like that with “Holy Bum” ? I get the context for what happens next but seems a bit un-Beano like.
To be honest Shiner it never crossed my mind until you pointed it out? 🤔

He said the page was published in the Beano back in 2007. Still trying to source the comic. Bit of detective work is needed as I don't have the issue number or date to go on. Will have to ask him. 👍

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Update: Spoke to Kev F. Sutherland and he confirmed it was indeed published in the Beano Max comic back in 2007.

I did ask him which issue, but he couldn't recall the exact issue number off the top of his head having done the art 18 years ago, not forgetting he was away on business at the time when I emailed him and didn't have the issue to hand to check for obvious reasons.