British Comics Free Gifts site

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

irishjohn

British Comics Free Gifts site

Post by irishjohn »

hello everyone.
I decided I was tired of searching online for information on free gifts and not finding out what i wanted. I have found some great ref sites on certain topics but I decided to start showing my free gifts with a picture of the free gift and the comic to go with it. or show a comic flyer with the free gifts and what comic it came from & info on the gifts.
I really want to create a decent database for gifts related to Amalgamated Press comics. But for the moment I have listed a handful of stuff. I have contacted a few big ebay sellers who have been kind enough to let me use their better pictures.
The site is only a week old. I work full time as a Building Surveyor so I get a small window of time to play with it through the week or at the weekend if the wife aint dragging me out into the sunshine and fresh air.
Im really enjoying it and hope it will be of interest to anyone else.
If there are any certain free gifts people want me to upload I can put them to the top of the list & research them.

anyways www.britishcomicsfreegifts.com
its a start...
john

alanultron5

Re: British Comics Free Gifts site

Post by alanultron5 »

I have some `Sparky` free gifts. Unlike Dandy or Beano in the same period (1965-74) Sparky gave out 23 sets of free gifts. I guess because unlike D & B it didn't sell as well.
A Face unclouded by thought.