The night witches are back..Commando No 4616 – Witch Hunt

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

The night witches are back..Commando No 4616 – Witch Hunt

Post by Peter Gray »

New Commando
Commando No 4616 – Witch Hunt

Lieutenant Yana Belinky of the famed, and feared, Nachthexen — the Night Witches — and Pilot Officer Drew Granger of the RAF had all but died when their Polikarpov had been shot to pieces around them over Russia. As they recuperated from their grievous wounds, some bright spark thought it would be a great propaganda stunt to send them to Britain for a morale-boosting tour.
As they boarded their transport to the UK, they were cheerful enough…they didn’t realise their problems were just about to start.

Story: Mac MacDonald
Art: Carlos Pino
Cover: Carlos Pino

The first story got me back into reading Commando again so look forward to this..

SID

Re: The night witches are back..Commando No 4616 – Witch Hun

Post by SID »

A good story. I must admit I love Commando my second time around. It's rapidly becoming my second favourite comic - after 2000AD.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

spoiler..
so the saga continues to Commando story 3...left on a cliff hanger...I like these long stories and getting to know characters for longer..

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Have now a year subscription to Commando.. :)