tammy comic

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

john56peter756brit

tammy comic

Post by john56peter756brit »

does anyone remember the girls comic tammy are there scans of the first issues with samples of the storys and pin ups. :lol:

chrissmillie

tammy comic

Post by chrissmillie »

Jenni Scott is the girls comic expert with a particular love of Jinty (which later incorporated Tammy).

She can be found at:
http://www.comixminx.net

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

john56peter756brit

tammy comic

Thanks Chris i shall have a look. :wink:

Muffy

Tammy Comic was good

Post by Muffy »

Yes I remember this, my grandad used to buy it for me and my sister. Lots of comics like Jinty and Misty merged with it. Pam of Pond Hill (a bit like Grange Hill) and Bella (a fantastic gymnast who used to do a window cleaning round to earn cash) were some of the longer running early 1980s story's. Lots of other story's featured for about 5-10 issues - usually about horses and there was one story about 'Buttons' (a popular collecting item in the 1970s) and the background behind them. The art was pretty good (Jim Baike went on to 2000ad), and I think Pat Mills even edited the earlier issues!! :?

Earl

tammy comic

Post by Earl »

Tammy was a lovely comic. I always tried to pick up copies at school jumble sales in the 80's.

Earl.

john56peter756brit

tammy comic

I did some of the early pin ups in Tammy fun times. from john p britton. :D