GOLDEN & SILVER AGE ARTISTS

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Hello. I'm quite sure the lack of responses to my message about the BCCA is due to some reason other than lack of interest! Can I assure everyone that the BCCA is GENUINE. It's an attempt to do something that is much needed in this country. Can I ask if anyone reading this knows of Golden or Silver ages (BRITISH) artists still alive who are open to being interviewed get in touch with me at: towerofpoweruk@yahoo.co.uk And PLEASE...SUPPORT THIS SITE! CaN I ask if anyone knows if Alan Clarke or GOLDEN TIMES is still going? Any help welcome. Its 8.56pm and I'm sitting here until I get a reply...uh,maybe. Regards, Terry

Originally posted by Terry Hooper on the old forum on 20/11/2002

Old Forum Fella

Hello Terry, I know someone who's in contact with the great Walt Howarth, who illustrated so many of the Annuals and World Distribution comics back in the 50's and 60's as well as TV related annuals like Dr. Who, Dangerman, Green Hornet. I've Emailed him and given him your Email details, so he may be in contact with you. He's also in contact with a letterer of the same period and company, he's called Dave Hanson.

I'll keep you informed if he contacts me prior to your good self.

Originally posted by Al on the old forum on 20/11/2002

Old Forum Fella

Dear Al, THANKS!! The more of these people we can interview the better in my opinion! I'm getting a copy of COMIC BITS 3 off to you next Monday...Dudley Watkins,etc. Regards, Terry

Originally posted by Terry Hooper on the old forum on 20/11/2002