Patty's World

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

helsbels

Patty's World

Post by helsbels »

Firstly, Happy new Year to one and all!

My current interest is trying to find as many episodes of "Patty's World" as I can - I know she started off in Princess Tina, and I am slowly gathering a decent sized collection of these (always hard to find and when on ebay the prices shoot up for issues from July 1971 onwards!). I have also gathered from information on this site, and by having one issue that Patty moved on to Pink magazine when that merged with Tina. Much later I know she was in Girl magazine, which I have a few copies of. Where was she between being in Pink and in Girl? I read on one of the forum pages she'd been in Mates for a while (which I don't really want to collect, but I may buy some and scan Patty if I can find out the times she appeared).

So my question is, how many comics/magazines did Patty appear in, how long was she in each one and when did she cease to appear altogether in the UK? Thanks.

matrix

Re: Patty's World

Post by matrix »

I can only help with "Pattys world" from summer specials, which you might already know. She was in Tina summer specials, 1973 and 1974, but not in the years 75, 76.

She was then in Pink summer specials the years are not printed on them but around 74, 75, 76.

She is not in Mates summer specials around 75, 76.

Hope this helps.

matrix

Post by matrix »

I have seen 1971- 1988 mentioned. She was still in Pink, no 274 dated July 78.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

I have ALL the Spanish pages of Patty, even soon (end of 2012-beggining of 2013 they will be publishing the pages that Purita did and weren't published because the end of IPC/Thomson comic line.

After Princess Tina Patty was published in Pink until 1980 when it amalgamates with Mates and they publishit till they amalgamated in 1981 with Oh boy! but Patty does continue instead in Girl till the end of the publication. I think she might have started in Girl in issue 74 or 79.

Hellbels, I have all data about Patty, as you know I am the webmaster of her forum, so don't hesitate in asking me anything about it if you wish.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Thanks Ruth and Matrix, for your help and information - I love Patty's World and Princess Tina but I'm not a big fan of the other publications that Patty has appeared in.

My plan is to amass as many episodes of Patty as I can from the various comics/magazines she appeared in and just scan the pages I need from the less favoured publications (I am keeping the Princess Tina issues!). I have way too many comics right now and need to pare the collection down a shade (can't believe I just wrote that!). :shock: :)

matrix

Post by matrix »

I am not sure if the patty strips in the specials are reprints? I am scanning one to see if anyone has read it before in Princess Tina etc.

If you do not have it, and would like the rest, i can send you the scans from the specials Helsbels. Just let me know, i only have about seven "Pattys World".
Attachments
Pattys.World.1.jpg
Pattys.World.2.jpg
Pattys.World.3.jpg

matrix

Post by matrix »

Final Patty page.
Attachments
Pattys.World.4.jpg

matrix

Post by matrix »

Here is a scan of a Pink summer special, with Patty on the cover.
Attachments
pink1.jpg

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

matrix wrote:Final Patty page.
I always thought Patty Page was a singer. :)

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Dare I comment that for a joke to be a joke, it should be funny? Not a pop and neither is this song from Patti Page :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek3eCbfqp0

Also covered by Miki and Griff, if memory serves. And the Patty pages are very good. First time I've seen them.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

paw broon wrote:Dare I comment that for a joke to be a joke, it should be funny?
Why not? He who dares wins, apparently. Mind you, I can't imagine Miki and Griff ever having any of their singles at number one in the charts for thirteen weeks as Patti did with The Tennessee Waltz! And, as the youtube video shows, Patti had style and a presence as well as a decent voice. Miki and Griff, to me, were a poor man's Nina and Frederik.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Ok, so 2 thing relating Patty and music...

As you know Patty was printed in The Netherlands too, in Tina Magazine... and they did some contest one year for music/bands, etc (something like an early X-factor). And the winning group did get a recording that was given free with the magazine. The song that won was Patapoe and mind you! It is very catchy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ZKg1Hf59c

and second, the british rock gropup The Records used Patty's World or best say Patty Lucas in the cover (tought not done by Purita Campos, obviously!) for their single Teenarama (this one I have, yipiiiiii!!, I am actually after doing a competition in the forum with this single as a prize!)

http://www.gabitogrupos.com/Estherysumu ... 1323453771

matrix

Post by matrix »

paw broon wrote:Dare I comment that for a joke to be a joke, it should be funny? Not a pop and neither is this song from Patti Page :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek3eCbfqp0

Also covered by Miki and Griff, if memory serves. And the Patty pages are very good. First time I've seen them.
Thankyou Paw, glad you enjoyed them.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

First of all, many, many, many thanks to Matrix for taking the time to email several scans of "Patty's World" - it's very much appreciated! You have greatly added to my Patty collection.

In answer to your queries, I have a complete Lindy collection (20 issues, one annual and one summer special) but I am keeping these as they are pretty easy to store and were hard to come by. I could return the favour and send some scans of these if you like? Just let me know. I have had the odd double before , but sold them on ebay a month or two ago.

I received 15 Princess Tinas yesterday that I'd bought on ebay, including the 31st July 1971 issue which features the very first appearance of "Patty's World" - which pleases me greatly! Three of the issues I bought - the 5th & 12th August and 15th July from 1972 all feature "Patty's World" in colour.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Let mwe know wich Princess Tina are you missing, I have a good stash too (including the first number where Patty appears, signed by Purita herself, of course!
I will be glad to provide you with scans and I also have some original pages. These, thoug, are difficult to put in the scan as they are really big, but I could scand them in two parts.