Bully teachers in girls comics

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Bully teachers in girls comics

Post by Tammyfan »

Girls comics were strong in not only portraying bully teachers but also teachers and principals who badly mishandle bullying situations. This story, "Waves of Fear" from Jinty, could well portray the worst handling of bullying ever in girls' comics. Here the school and parents know the girl is being bullied but don't do anything about it. They have all been blinded by the thought she is a coward who is turning violent and are treating her with unbelievable harshness. https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... fear-1979/

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

Tammyfan wrote:Howzabout a headmistress who's a vampire? This story appeared in Misty 1979. Art by Honiera Romeu.
Is that name correct? I think it's Jaime Rumeu (i Perera), who also used the names Romeo and Homero.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

helsbels wrote:
17 Jun 2013, 05:44
I love this story! It really stuck in my mind over the years - I first read it when it was reprinted in the Tammy Annual 1977 (I used to get just about every girl's annual every Christmas!) and was thrilled to come across it again when I started collecting all the comics of my childhood. Since collecting June comics I've come across the story there, though I think it was called "Patsy Strikes Back!" first time around.
It was called "Patsy on the Warpath" the first time around. I think the new title "Patsy and the Beast of Banchester" (the nickname of the bully boy in the story) is the better one because it describes the story better.