Can you name this story?

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Muffy

Re: Can you name this story?

Post by Muffy »

Thanks Tammyfan and Phoenix - if you ever find out the end, please post on this thread.

This is the sort of story where the computer M.U.M. would probably have ended up developing feelings for Marty (there were a number of 2000 a.d. stories where the robots appeared to have emotions such as Ro-busters, ABC Warriors and Ro-Jaws Robo tales to name a few).

M.U.M. would then be able to advise Marty at the end as to what her best course of action should be. Would be interesting to find out what happened.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Muffy wrote:This is the sort of story where the computer M.U.M. would probably have ended up developing feelings for Marty
All three computers in BBC's Blake's 7 (1978-1981), Zen, Orac, and particularly Slave, were certainly presented as having quite individual personalities, presumably therefore with some inbuilt capacity for having, or at least appearing to have, feelings.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I wonder if that nutty Dr Blake turned up again and if so, whether she had anything to do with the resolution of the story?

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

If you've not seen it watch the 2001 film A.I. Artificial Intelligence where both 'David' and teddy (robotic) seem to have emotions. Lots of different computer themes run through the film.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:I wonder if that nutty Dr Blake turned up again and if so, whether she had anything to do with the resolution of the story?
No, she couldn't have done. Doctor Blake wasn't even in Blake's 7. :lol:

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:I wonder if that nutty Dr Blake turned up again and if so, whether she had anything to do with the resolution of the story?
No, she couldn't have done. Doctor Blake wasn't even in Blake's 7. :lol:
I hope that nutty Dr Blake was not named after Blake's 7.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:I hope that nutty Dr Blake was not named after Blake's 7.
I don't think it matters much either way, but I think we'd agree that one nutty Doctor Blake is one nutty Doctor Blake too many.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:I hope that nutty Dr Blake was not named after Blake's 7.
I don't think it matters much either way, but I think we'd agree that one nutty Doctor Blake is one nutty Doctor Blake too many.
Yeah!