Can anybody help with an old story!!

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

kazz1212

Can anybody help with an old story!!

Post by kazz1212 »

Hi from Australia..

I am looking for an annual, but cant remember which one it is :( I think from around 1971-74..Could have been Bunty Jackie, not sure!
The story was about two girls, named Maggie and Kate, they were the rudest couple of young girls around :) I think they were sisters and Im not sure if the story was about a boarding school, but the teacher her name was Carol Lawson and she ran the academy for girls. In the story the two girls are fighting non-stop and one of them grabs the others tie and yells "'give me back me tie you spilt egg on it"' They sit spread eagled on chairs and Carol Lawson tells them off by saying 'oh what an ugly way to sit'"

The book would bring back good memories, this story was a favourite of mine and my sister. Would love to hear from anyone with any info!

Tammyfan

Re: Can anybody help with an old story!!

Post by Tammyfan »

I do remember a story in a Bunty annual somewhere where a teacher of a boarding school is assigned to teach manners to two rude, badly behaved sisters. She doesn't have much luck until a kid says they act like monkeys at a chimps tea party, or words to that effect. This gives the teacher the idea of showing the girls a video of their own behaviour. After watching it, they realise what the kid meant and make serious efforts to mend their ways. I don't remember enough to know if the teacher was called Carol Lawson, but that's the best fit I can think of to your description.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

We already have a thread for this. http://comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=5986

And as I said there, it's definitely not from Jackie, as there were no Jackie annuals before 1975.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Digifiend wrote:We already have a thread for this. http://comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=5986

And as I said there, it's definitely not from Jackie, as there were no Jackie annuals before 1975.
The story would be from a Bunty annual if it is the one I am thinking of.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Let's hope that you're right.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Digifiend wrote:Let's hope that you're right.
Well, it was definitely not Jackie or Diana anyway. And it does not feel like Mandy or Judy. I'm pretty sure it was Bunty.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

kazz1212 wrote:I am looking for an annual, but cant remember which one it is :( I think from around 1971-74..Could have been Bunty Jackie, not sure!
The story was about two girls, named Maggie and Kate, they were the rudest couple of young girls around :) I think they were sisters and Im not sure if the story was about a boarding school, but the teacher her name was Carol Lawson and she ran the academy for girls. In the story the two girls are fighting non-stop and one of them grabs the others tie and yells "'give me back me tie you spilt egg on it"' They sit spread eagled on chairs and Carol Lawson tells them off by saying 'oh what an ugly way to sit'" The book would bring back good memories, this story was a favourite of mine and my sister. Would love to hear from anyone with any info!
The story was The Terrors Of Tumbledown Academy. It appeared in the Bunty annual for 1973.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
kazz1212 wrote:I am looking for an annual, but cant remember which one it is :( I think from around 1971-74..Could have been Bunty Jackie, not sure!
The story was about two girls, named Maggie and Kate, they were the rudest couple of young girls around :) I think they were sisters and Im not sure if the story was about a boarding school, but the teacher her name was Carol Lawson and she ran the academy for girls. In the story the two girls are fighting non-stop and one of them grabs the others tie and yells "'give me back me tie you spilt egg on it"' They sit spread eagled on chairs and Carol Lawson tells them off by saying 'oh what an ugly way to sit'" The book would bring back good memories, this story was a favourite of mine and my sister. Would love to hear from anyone with any info!
The story was The Terrors Of Tumbledown Academy. It appeared in the Bunty annual for 1973.
Well done, Phoenix! I thought it was a Bunty annual.

kazz1212

Post by kazz1212 »

Thankyou so much everyone for your replies!!! Now all I need is to obtain this book :)

I will look on ebay, but will gladly pay top dollar for the annual as it means so much woooohooooo!!!

Thanks for all your help :)