Katy 1-10 Misty & Tammy reprints Vulcan For Girls?

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

japandroid

Katy 1-10 Misty & Tammy reprints Vulcan For Girls?

Post by japandroid »

I've just picked up some Katy comics and was surprised to find the contents to be in colour. They are also very much in the same format as Vulcan; colour rpts of b/w strips, comic size and paper quality is very similar. A very cool little series.

Tammyfan

Re: Katy 1-10 Misty & Tammy reprints Vulcan For Girls?

Post by Tammyfan »

Thanks, I was trying to track down an Internet source on Katy so I could make references to what stories were reprinted. I did not know Katy had reprinted some Misty. I knew she reprinted from Tammy, Jinty and other sources I don't know. Are you able to provide a list of the stories that appeared in Katy, please? Some I remember were:

Creepy Crawley - Jinty
Combing Her Golden Hair - Jinty
Alone in London - original comic unknown
The Upper Crust - Tammy
Witch Hazel - Tammy

japandroid

Post by japandroid »

Here are all the other strips;
Guitar Girl
Claws (cat cartoon)
The Cats Of Carey St
Sister To A Star
Minnie's Mixer (cartoon)
The Petticoat Pirate
Dora Dogsbody

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thanks.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:I was trying to track down an Internet source on Katy so I could make references to what stories were reprinted. I did not know Katy had reprinted some Misty. I knew she reprinted from Tammy, Jinty and other sources I don't know. Are you able to provide a list of the stories that appeared in Katy, please?
Won't you also need the starting and ending issue numbers, and their dates, Tammyfan?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:I was trying to track down an Internet source on Katy so I could make references to what stories were reprinted. I did not know Katy had reprinted some Misty. I knew she reprinted from Tammy, Jinty and other sources I don't know. Are you able to provide a list of the stories that appeared in Katy, please?
Won't you also need the starting and ending issue numbers, and their dates, Tammyfan?
Yes, that's a good idea. In fact, I reckon somebody should write an entry about Katy on the wiki or something. This publication is little known and could do with more attention.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Guitar Girl - Tammy
Claws (cat cartoon) - ?
The Cats Of Carey St - Misty
Sister To A Star - ?
Minnie's Mixer (cartoon) - Buster (I think)
The Petticoat Pirate - ?
Dora Dogsbody - Jinty

Can anyone identify the origins of the ones with question marks? I can't place them.

japandroid

Post by japandroid »

Fortnightly #1 31.11.86 #10 last issue 6.3.87 it then joined Barbie!!

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Wasn't Sister To A Star from Sandie?

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

The stories in Katy were colour reprints from stories that were published in the Dutch Tina. I don't know if they translated them back into English, or that they used the original English text that was used in Jinty, Sandie and Tammy. What I like about the stories that were printed in Tina, was that they numbered the pages of each story, as you can see in Katy.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

marckie73 wrote:The stories in Katy were colour reprints from stories that were published in the Dutch Tina. I don't know if they translated them back into English, or that they used the original English text that was used in Jinty, Sandie and Tammy. What I like about the stories that were printed in Tina, was that they numbered the pages of each story, as you can see in Katy.
I can tell you it was the original English script in Katy.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

japandroid wrote:I've just picked up some Katy comics and was surprised to find the contents to be in colour. They are also very much in the same format as Vulcan; colour rpts of b/w strips, comic size and paper quality is very similar. A very cool little series.
How interesting to hear of this comic which I'd not come across before! Is there any possibility of some scans, of a cover and/or some of the interior?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

comixminx wrote:
japandroid wrote:I've just picked up some Katy comics and was surprised to find the contents to be in colour. They are also very much in the same format as Vulcan; colour rpts of b/w strips, comic size and paper quality is very similar. A very cool little series.
How interesting to hear of this comic which I'd not come across before! Is there any possibility of some scans, of a cover and/or some of the interior?
Not from me, unfortunately. Currently I have no Katys.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Tammyfan wrote:
comixminx wrote:
Not from me, unfortunately. Currently I have no Katys.
I was hoping Japandroid might be able to oblige. :)
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

Here you can see some of the covers and content:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KATY-1-10-Nea ... 7675.l2557

If you scroll down the page, you can see more.