Bunty Poem

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

peace355

Bunty Poem

Post by peace355 »

Another inquiry about a poem published in Bunty around 1964 “He’s Just a Tramp To You and Me. Again that's another gap in my collection.

"When I was about 9 years old (1964) I submitted a poem I had written, to the Bunty Magazine, called “He’s Just a Tramp To You and Me”. The poem was published and I cut it out of the magazine, but overtime I have lost the cutting. I wonder, does anyone recall reading this poem, and perhaps by chance may have the actual edition in which it appeared. I can remember most of the poem but would love to have it in it’s entirety. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you, Linda"

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Bunty Poem

Post by Phoenix »

It is never easy to remember precisely when incidents in our childhood actually occurred when we look back towards them from middle age, so it's no surprise to me that Linda's recollection is roughly two years out. Her poem The Tramp was printed in Bunty 458 (Oct. 22 1966), and it won her a camera. See below.
Attachments
LindaDavies'Bunty.jpg
LindaDavies'poempage.jpg
LindaDavies'poem.jpg

peace355

Re: Bunty Poem

Post by peace355 »

Great find thanks very much!