Unknown Artwork

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Unknown Artwork

Post by colcool007 »

chrisb wrote:It looks a bit like Matias Alonso to me.
Chris, there is a strong similarity to Alonso's work, but there is a darkness to Matias' work that is absent in Vitor's which is why I get Vitor's work confused with Casanovas' output.

There is just so many great artists out there, it's murder to try and identify them all.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

colcool007 wrote:
chrisb wrote:It looks a bit like Matias Alonso to me.
Chris, there is a strong similarity to Alonso's work, but there is a darkness to Matias' work that is absent in Vitor's which is why I get Vitor's work confused with Casanovas' output.

There is just so many great artists out there, it's murder to try and identify them all.
And some of them have similar styles too.

chrisb

Post by chrisb »

I had never heard of Vitor Peon before so had a search online to look at some of his work. To be honest I don't see a similarity between most of his art and Alonso. The only work that looks the same, to me, looks like Alonso. Funnily enough those pieces seemed to have originated from this site. Is it a definite that those pieces are by Peon? If yes, then I have to say, it's amazing how similar the two artists styles are. I agree that the work in the pieces posted are lighter than Alonso's work for the adventure titles but couldn't that be him changing his style to suit the publication, i.e. softer for girls titles, harder for boys?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

The debate over whether this artist is Vitor Peon or Matias Alonso has come up before, I think.

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

colcool007 wrote:It looks like the work of Jose Casanovas, a regular contributor of work to the girls comics, Starblazer and 2000AD
It´s not José Casanovas´. It looks more like Giorgio Giorgetti´s, which it isn´t neither, unless he changed his style

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Tried one book under a pen name
Did it get published eventually, Tammyfan, and whether it did or not, what was its subject matter?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Tried one book under a pen name
Did it get published eventually, Tammyfan, and whether it did or not, what was its subject matter?
It was a book on a type of meditation, but I unpublished it later.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:It was a book on a type of meditation, but I unpublished it later.
How on earth do you unpublish a book?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:It was a book on a type of meditation, but I unpublished it later.
How on earth do you unpublish a book?
There was a facility for doing it on Amazon.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:There was a facility for doing it on Amazon.
So presumably it wasn't a physical entity. Was it an eBook?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:There was a facility for doing it on Amazon.
So presumably it wasn't a physical entity. Was it an eBook?
Yes