Phoenix's Future Plans

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Phoenix's Future Plans

Post by Phoenix »

This advert is from last week's issue of The Hayle Times. It's mainly for starscape.
Attachments
OldQuayHousead.jpg

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Just to let members know, I am currently experiencing high stress levels, mainly self-inflicted I suspect. I really cannot believe how tired I am. Yet I was only alerted to this in a post by big bad bri a week or two back. I simply hadn't noticed the signs so I'm grateful to him for flagging the matter up. Therefore, in order to focus my depleted energy levels on the history of Thomsons' text story paper Adventure that I am writing with Ray Moore, and the volume covering what I believe to be the most memorable serials in Thomsons' eleven titles for girls, which I am writing concurrently, I am no longer going to post on ComicsUK, or on Lorraine's Girls' Comics Of Yesterday site, until at least one of the books has been completed, and I will not be working on them every day either. I need to get out more. If I need to contact anybody I will PM them.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:Just to let members know, I am currently experiencing high stress levels, mainly self-inflicted I suspect. I really cannot believe how tired I am. Yet I was only alerted to this in a post by big bad bri a week or two back. I simply hadn't noticed the signs so I'm grateful to him for flagging the matter up. Therefore, in order to focus my depleted energy levels on the history of Thomsons' text story paper Adventure that I am writing with Ray Moore, and the volume covering what I believe to be the most memorable serials in Thomsons' eleven titles for girls, which I am writing concurrently, I am no longer going to post on ComicsUK, or on Lorraine's Girls' Comics Of Yesterday site, until at least one of the books has been completed, and I will not be working on them every day either. I need to get out more. If I need to contact anybody I will PM them.
Good that you spotted it before it was too much. Good luck with the work and see you when you can manage.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Phoenix wrote:Just to let members know, I am currently experiencing high stress levels, mainly self-inflicted I suspect. I really cannot believe how tired I am. Yet I was only alerted to this in a post by big bad bri a week or two back. I simply hadn't noticed the signs so I'm grateful to him for flagging the matter up. Therefore, in order to focus my depleted energy levels on the history of Thomsons' text story paper Adventure that I am writing with Ray Moore, and the volume covering what I believe to be the most memorable serials in Thomsons' eleven titles for girls, which I am writing concurrently, I am no longer going to post on ComicsUK, or on Lorraine's Girls' Comics Of Yesterday site, until at least one of the books has been completed, and I will not be working on them every day either. I need to get out more. If I need to contact anybody I will PM them.
i don't want people hating me thinking i'm the cause of you not posting anymore whatever i said :lol: but you do a great service for everyone here Derek and do need some you time as well.good luck with the books and i anticipate buying them when published.but don't stress over them as life's too short.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Your help is always appreciated but it's good that you are taking time for yourself especially as you've been so busy recently. Hope all goes well with the book and you have time to relax. Take care!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Now on the 1.07 Virgin Pendolino to Liverpool South Parkway as Lime Street is undergoing some refurbishment. I went down to London last Wednesday for Aurora's sixth birthday celebrations. In the next four days Andrew and I took her and her sister Kelsey to some local play zones. Andrew is bringing them up to me at half term. They are determined to go to Puddletown Pirates again. Obviously once experienced never forgotten. I'm still chillin'!!!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Now on the 1.07 Virgin Pendolino to Liverpool South Parkway as Lime Street is undergoing some refurbishment. I went down to London last Wednesday for Aurora's sixth birthday celebrations. In the next four days Andrew and I took her and her sister Kelsey to some local play zones. Andrew is bringing them up to me at half term. They are determined to go to Puddletown Pirates again. Obviously once experienced never forgotten. I'm still chillin'!!!
Lime Street eh? Did you see the Leopardman? :)

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

...Maybe they've taken him away, just like they did with poor old Maggie May! :)

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote: Lime Street eh? Did you see the Leopardman? :)
Not today, no. :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote: Lime Street eh? Did you see the Leopardman? :)
Not today, no. :)
Better luck next time, eh? :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:...Maybe they've taken him away, just like they did with poor old Maggie May! :)
Yes, that was a shame. It would be rather less of a shame if they were to take Treeza May away. Mind you, looking on the bright side, fortunately there isn't a statue of her in the Lime Street concourse, at least there wasn't prior to the refurbishment. The only people to be so honoured there are Ken Dodd and the late Labour politician, Bessie Braddock. I do not expect them to have been removed during whatever refurbishment the powers that be felt was necessary.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Better luck next time, eh? :D
I'm not that keen on seeing him at all, Tammyfan, especially if he then starts to approach me in a threatening manner. Bessie Braddock would make mincemeat of him just by sitting on him, and Ken would sink his prominent teeth into him if they were still alive. Perhaps I should stand my ground and offer him some Lancashire delicacies instead such as tripe and cow heel. A brief taste of either or both would probably see him running like the clappers in the general direction of Haydock and Manchester. They've got some tough cookies up in Manchester. Just ask anyone who was ever tackled by Roy Keane back in the day.

P.S. I've quite wrongly shuffled Ken Dodd's mortal coil off him as he is still with us at the age of 89, I think. Sorry Ken. I'm off to bed now.

P.S.2 Just by the way, I had a chat with Will Morgan at 30th Century Comics on the one day I went into Putney, and I outlined my plan for my book on the eleven girls' titles from DCT. He placed an order for twenty copies and I haven't written a word of it yet. There's confidence for you!!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Phoenix wrote:The only people to be so honoured there are Ken Dodd and the late Labour politician, Bessie Braddock. I do not expect them to have been removed during whatever refurbishment the powers that be felt was necessary.
It's good to hear that Bessie is still remembered for all those bombers she flew during the war. :)

starscape

Post by starscape »

philcom55 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:The only people to be so honoured there are Ken Dodd and the late Labour politician, Bessie Braddock. I do not expect them to have been removed during whatever refurbishment the powers that be felt was necessary.
It's good to hear that Bessie is still remembered for all those bombers she flew during the war. :)
Or Psylocke as she's now known :tongue:
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

starscape wrote: Or Psylocke as she's now known :tongue:
Exactly what I was thinking! :lol: