Seeking 'Phantom of the Fells' (Bunty?)

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Seeking 'Phantom of the Fells' (Bunty?)

Post by Tammyfan »

John Richardson also drew "Green Fingers" in Scream #3, 7 April 1984.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

John Richardson also drew a Strange Story called “This is Your Life” and another Strange Story, the title of which I don’t remember. It might have been “The Pharaoh’s Daughter’s Stand-in” or something like that. It was about an actress named Sarah playing a pharaoh’s daughter who gets switched with the real princess. She ends up being mummified alive (urrgh!), as was the custom when the pharaoh died. Centuries later, archaeologists are astonished to find the mummified remains of the pharaoh’s daughter wearing a watch and a locket.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote: It was about an actress named Sarah playing a pharaoh’s daughter who gets switched with the real princess. She ends up being mummified alive (urrgh!), as was the custom when the pharaoh died. Centuries later, archaeologists are astonished to find the mummified remains of the pharaoh’s daughter wearing a watch and a locket.
I would not describe that story as 'strange'. I would call it 'utterly ridiculous'. All the main writers must have been off ill that week.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote: It was about an actress named Sarah playing a pharaoh’s daughter who gets switched with the real princess. She ends up being mummified alive (urrgh!), as was the custom when the pharaoh died. Centuries later, archaeologists are astonished to find the mummified remains of the pharaoh’s daughter wearing a watch and a locket.
I would not describe that story as 'strange'. I would call it 'utterly ridiculous'. All the main writers must have been off ill that week.
Strange Story it was though.

Goof

Post by Goof »

Thanks very much for the information on the Tammy stories, Tammyfan - that's very helpful.
Tammyfan wrote:The June stories "Could It Be You?" aka "Is This Your Story?" were reprinted in Jinty 1976-1977, so John Richardson artwork was reprinted there.
Do you know whether John Richardson was the main artist for this series? I've seen two examples in annuals; one was by Richardson, the other by Philip Townsend.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Goof wrote:Thanks very much for the information on the Tammy stories, Tammyfan - that's very helpful.
Tammyfan wrote:The June stories "Could It Be You?" aka "Is This Your Story?" were reprinted in Jinty 1976-1977, so John Richardson artwork was reprinted there.
Do you know whether John Richardson was the main artist for this series? I've seen two examples in annuals; one was by Richardson, the other by Philip Townsend.
The series had different artists. Richardson was just one of them.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Strange Story it was though.
A 'Strange Story' it might have been, but it was still 'utterly ridiculous'.

Goof

Post by Goof »

Tammyfan wrote:The series had different artists. Richardson was just one of them.
Thanks again, Tammyfan.

Here's an updated version of the list, which should include everything posted so far, plus a few additions from me. If anybody spots any mistakes, or has anything more to add, please let me know.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Lost for Words appeared 11 April 1981.

Richardson was also a filler artist on Tammy's "Eva's Evil Eye" in 1974. He did the last two episodes, maybe more. It has been a while since I looked at the serial.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Strange Story it was though.
A 'Strange Story' it might have been, but it was still 'utterly ridiculous'.
Maybe not so ridiculous with a girl being mummified and sealed in a sarcophagus while still alive. That's pretty gruesome, after all.

Goof

Post by Goof »

Tammyfan wrote:Lost for Words appeared 11 April 1981.
Thanks Tammyfan, noted.
Tammyfan wrote:Richardson was also a filler artist on Tammy's "Eva's Evil Eye" in 1974. He did the last two episodes, maybe more. It has been a while since I looked at the serial.
Yes, I put the dates of the last two episodes on the list as I have these. The latest I've seen before these is 3 August, and for that and later July issues they used the regular artist (Charles Morgan?), so it looks as if Richardson did the last 2-5 episodes.