Looking for first appearance of Miss Bigger

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Goof

Re: Looking for first appearance of Miss Bigger

Post by Goof »

Tammyfan wrote:Can anyone please provide a scan of Wee Sue after she was moved into the "Old Friends" slot during the Tammy & Jinty merger 1981-82? Thank you.
Here is the one from 12 December 1981. I have a couple of others from around the same time, but this is the only one with the "Old Friends" logo. It's also the first Wee Sue story and the first of the "Old Friends" series, post-merger.

I take it this series was made up of reprints. At least one of the Wee Sues is definitely reprinted.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Goof. Bessie was reprint in the Old Friends slot. Sue, Molly and Tansy were new. The new Sue episodes were drawn by John Johnston.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Goof wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Can anyone please provide a scan of Wee Sue after she was moved into the "Old Friends" slot during the Tammy & Jinty merger 1981-82? Thank you.
Here is the one from 12 December 1981. I have a couple of others from around the same time, but this is the only one with the "Old Friends" logo. It's also the first Wee Sue story and the first of the "Old Friends" series, post-merger.

I take it this series was made up of reprints. At least one of the Wee Sues is definitely reprinted.
They’re talking about Milltown for the wrong reasons, Sue and Miss Bigger. That’s what you get for taking cheap shots!

Goof

Post by Goof »

Tammyfan wrote:Bessie was reprint in the Old Friends slot. Sue, Molly and Tansy were new. The new Sue episodes were drawn by John Johnston.
Thanks for providing John Johnston's name, Tammyfan. I had come across an artist who was new to me in some of the Wee Sue Old Friends stories (January and April 1982), and presumably this is the man.

Nice to see that they were producing new stories in this slot. Series with names like "Old Friends" were normally an excuse for recycling.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Goof wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Bessie was reprint in the Old Friends slot. Sue, Molly and Tansy were new. The new Sue episodes were drawn by John Johnston.
Thanks for providing John Johnston's name, Tammyfan. I had come across an artist who was new to me in some of the Wee Sue Old Friends stories (January and April 1982), and presumably this is the man.

Nice to see that they were producing new stories in this slot. Series with names like "Old Friends" were normally an excuse for recycling.
The Tansy stories from Penny and Jinty were not old enough for reprint. It's also possible there were still some Tansy scripts left over from Jinty. Molly had to go for complete stories in the Old Friends series. This ruled out reprinting any of her old stories, which were mini-serials. Bessie was becoming reprint already. It is a surprise they settled on new stories for Wee Sue during this series. Sue had plenty of material for reprint.