Need help on Maisie's Magic Eye

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Need help on Maisie's Magic Eye

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:Lois was still in bed, and not in a very good mood really, due largely, I suspect, to having spent last night in their annexe on a sleepover with her schoolfriends Faye and Sienna, plus a load of food and sweets.
Wow! How wrong can one be? I've been down in the Copperhouse for a couple of jars this evening with Russ and Alex. When I asked why the lazy mare hadn't come down with them, Russ said she was in bed, not feeling too bright. I said that surely she'd recovered from the no-sleep sleepover, and Russ said she had but unfortunately that wasn't her problem. My lovely twelve-year-old has started her first period. No wonder she was fractious!! She will have been embarrassed as well because she will not have felt comfortable answering truthfully my simple questions, "What's the matter with you tonight? Why can't you come down to the Copperhouse with us as usual." I'll make a grovelling apology tomorrow. I just have to.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Lois was still in bed, and not in a very good mood really, due largely, I suspect, to having spent last night in their annexe on a sleepover with her schoolfriends Faye and Sienna, plus a load of food and sweets.
Wow! How wrong can one be? I've been down in the Copperhouse for a couple of jars this evening with Russ and Alex. When I asked why the lazy mare hadn't come down with them, Russ said she was in bed, not feeling too bright. I said that surely she'd recovered from the no-sleep sleepover, and Russ said she had but unfortunately that wasn't her problem. My lovely twelve-year-old has started her first period. No wonder she was fractious!! She will have been embarrassed as well because she will not have felt comfortable answering truthfully my simple questions, "What's the matter with you tonight? Why can't you come down to the Copperhouse with us as usual." I'll make a grovelling apology tomorrow. I just have to.
Bless! Hope she doesn't feel lousy every time.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:Bless! Hope she doesn't feel lousy every time.
Thanks for your concern, Jenni, but the auguries are not too promising where the next few years are concerned. Her nan, that's Russell's mother, or my ex-wife, depending on how you look at it, was sent home from school, and then work, every month without fail with period pains when she was single. Her doctor told her that the problem would disappear after she had her first child. That child was Andrew, and they did. I haven't been able to make that apology yet to Lois, but as I'm seeing Russ tonight, I'll hopefully see her as well.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:I haven't been able to make that apology yet to Lois, but as I'm seeing Russ tonight, I'll hopefully see her as well.
She was in her room when I got there. She had managed to stay in school all day, and although she didn't say anything about the abdominal pain to any of her teachers, that was almost certainly because they would have sent her to the medical room, and she hates missing lessons. I did apologise, as I said earlier that I would. Even if she feels worse tomorrow, she will still go to school. She is a really honest girl. Others, I'm sure, would use it as an excuse to stay at home. I'll give you just the one guess as to whom I will be dedicating BUNTY AND HER SISTERS. Yes, I haven't even surprised myself that I have reverted to the two companion books plan, but I have decided to complete BAHS before embarking on ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS, which I will dedicate to Alex.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Derek, shouldn't you be posting these in the Phoenix's Future Plans topic?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Derek, shouldn't you be posting these in the Phoenix's Future Plans topic?
Trust you, Steve, to to try to guide me back onto the straight and narrow! Thank you for that, but before I go off to find it, could I just point out that last night Bolton were on TV, losing yet again on the inexorable road that will inevitably lead to another spell in the third division, or League One as it is now known. Even their sponsors Macron have jumped ship so our stadium is no longer known as 'The Macron Stadium', as it was renamed after Reebok withdrew their funding. It is now known as 'The University of Bolton Stadium', not that there was a great deal of intelligence on show there last night. As a contrast, a former player of very decent quality, John McGinlay, was adding his observations to those of the commentary team. Mind you, unless there was some sort of distorting effect on my screen last night, John has increased fairly significantly in size, and I don't mean upwards. If he had been playing last night, our crowd would surely have had recourse to one of the chants that they used to direct at any chubbyish opposition player, which was "Who ate all the pies?"

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

In the light of Steve's most recent comment on this thread, I will be writing my follow-up comment, and hopefully all future ones on the Phoenix's Future Plans thread.