Trini Tinture in Princess Picture Libraries

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Goof

Trini Tinture in Princess Picture Libraries

Post by Goof »

A few weeks ago, during the recent discussion about The Happy Days, I posted a list of the Princess Picture Library stories involving Sally Doyle (the Circus Ballerina), which included some artist attributions. I attributed two of the stories to Trini Tinture - rather speculatively, as I didn't know whether she had started working for UK publications at this time.

A week ago, I was contacted by the artist's daughter, who had seen the post and very kindly offered to ask her mother whether she had done these stories. I sent a few scans, and she has now come back to me and confirmed that these two Princess PLs were drawn by Trini Tinture:

No 62: Sally's Backstreet Ballet
No 74: Sally and the Royal Rebel

comixminx

Re: Trini Tinture in Princess Picture Libraries

Post by comixminx »

Good stuff Goof! I am also now in contact with the artist's daughter and hoping to at some point get a complete list of titles and stories that she has worked on. I know it's a big task to bite off but apparently Trini has a notebook that is hopefully in a good state to get typed up, in due course (which I think will be when her daughter is there to help).
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Goof

Re: Trini Tinture in Princess Picture Libraries

Post by Goof »

That’s good news, Comixminx, it would be brilliant if you were able to get that list. I’ve seen your excellent page on her work for Jinty, and have come across some of her work for June - especially Oh, Tinker! - but I’d be curious to know more about her work for other comics. For example, I’ve seen one or two stories that she did for Judy annuals in the late 1960’s, and wonder how much more she did for DCT.