Trying to remember a Girl 2 serial

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Trying to remember a Girl 2 serial

Post by Tammyfan »

I am trying to remember the title and publication of a Girl 2 story. In it, a girl is a white witch (she looks more like a telekinetic to me). Her mother tries to hide her once her evil stepfather learns of her powers and wants to use them for his crimes. The girl is taken to her grandmother’s village for protection. Some protection - the villagers know of her powers but fear them, and persecute her as a witch. Stepfather tracks her down and forces her to use her powers to help him with his crimes, saying he’s holding mum hostage. She plays along until she can find a way to defeat him.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Trying to remember a Girl 2 serial

Post by Phoenix »

The serial in GIRL 2 that you are searching for, Briony, is Syreeta's Secret. I can't be much more helpful unfortunately as I only have the instalments in issues 55 (February 27 1982) and 56 (March 6 1982), and neither one is the first episode or the last.

Tammyfan

Re: Trying to remember a Girl 2 serial

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Phoenix! :D