John Richardson’s artwork in girls’ comics

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: John Richardson’s artwork in girls’ comics

Post by Tammyfan »

John Richardson took over from Charles Morgan on "Eva's Evil Eye" (Tammy) from 10 August 1974 and completed the serial 7 September 1974.

Goof

Post by Goof »

Thanks, Tammyfan. As we've started a new page, I may as well post a new copy of the list:

Last edited by Goof on 04 Jan 2022, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I have scanned "Eva's Evil Eye", the Tammy story that had some episodes drawn by John Richardson. I have also been doing scans of Leopardman episodes drawn by John Richardson. Anyone interested?

Goof

Post by Goof »

I've updated the last list (18/7/21 above) to include a bit more detail on his work for June.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I've just come across some copies of Funday Times the comic that came with the Sunday Times from 1989. There is a John Richardson strip called S.T.A.R.S. St. Andrews Road School. I'm not sure if everything in the Funday Times was reprint or if this was exclusive to that publication. It says adapted from the book by Hunter Davies. It also features a strip called Time and Ms. Jones by Marise Morland which is female lead.

Goof

Post by Goof »

Thanks for this, Steve. It seems that the STARS series of books that Hunter Davies wrote were also published around 1989, so it look as if the Funday Times strip was a contemporary spin-off rather than a reprint. Not the only time that Hunter Davies publicised his books in the Sunday Times.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

It was a two page strip in full colour. I have issues 1-18 and it's in all of them. The next issue I have is #26 and it's not in that one so obviously only ran for a few more issues after 18.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

eBay seller has issues 1-23 for £14.99 buy it now. Might be the complete run of the story.