SANDIE: "Dancing to Danger" ARTIST

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

standby4action

SANDIE: "Dancing to Danger" ARTIST

Post by standby4action »

I was surfing the Net looking for Tom Kerr materials for a listing I'm putting together and spotted Jenni Scott's reference to Kerr illustrating the "Dancing to Danger" story in Sandie (16 Jun 1973-29 Sep 1973)
This episode is the only one I've seen and it said it was in Sandie 2 June 1973
Does anyone have any other episodes that might be Kerr or is Jenni completely wrong (no offence!)?
Thanks for any help

RuthB

Re: SANDIE: "Dancing to Danger" ARTIST

Post by RuthB »

Well this page is by Robert Mcgilivray, I beleive

Goof

Post by Goof »

You were unlucky with this first episode, which was drawn by Robert MacGillivray. Tom Kerr drew the rest of the serial.

Happy to provide a sample scan of a page by Kerr, if it would be of use.

standby4action

Post by standby4action »

You people are wonderful.
RuthB - thank you
Goof - yes please - any chance of seeing the last strip so I know I have the right dates?

Thanks a lot
Norman

Goof

Post by Goof »

I'm afraid I don't have the final strip, but I see that Jenni Scott does have that issue, so the 29 September date seems to be confirmed. Here's the episode from 28 July 1973, which has a nice juicy villain in Tom Kerr's inimitable style.

standby4action

Post by standby4action »

Thank you SO much Goof. The reason I hesitated to use Jenni's date was that her indexing appeared TO ME to be inconsistent in places - Hey! I'm the same with Bellamy and I've been on it for centuries - well since the last century!!
The image you uploaded is incredible - that face on the second row is so unlike him, but I've seen this sort thing over and over with Kerr... he changes things and his style too over the years. His Witch Winkle is becoming my favourite! Thanks again.
Goof wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 17:57
I'm afraid I don't have the final strip, but I see that Jenni Scott does have that issue, so the 29 September date seems to be confirmed. Here's the episode from 28 July 1973, which has a nice juicy villain in Tom Kerr's inimitable style.

standby4action

Post by standby4action »

By the way, if you like Kerr please join the Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/241576083892838) where we are trying to show off his work.