Help with some Girl numbers

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

RuthB

Help with some Girl numbers

Post by RuthB »

Hi there!I have a huge favour to ask if possible... I am working in a project in Spain regarding Patty's Word. It was published in Spain until 1986 and then we missed everyting that continued being published in UK and some more. With the help of Helen I have already got a lot of numbers so I am missing some wee numbers. Would it be possible to get these scanned if somebody have them? I have been stalking ebay and it is going to be impossible to get them all. I would really apprecite if somebody already have them in digital and it is not too much trouble. Like I said I know it is a huge favour to ask! Or even if somebody wants to sell their mags! I need 339, 340, 341, firts page of 345 only, 354, 357, 352, 363, 367, 368, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 and 376.
It would be gigantic if I can get these pages! Tá!

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Help with some Girl numbers

Post by Phoenix »

Hi Ruth B,
I've only just noticed your request. There was a time in the 70s and 80s when I used to hoover up comics/story papers indiscriminately. Eventually I settled on the output from D C Thomsons, ADVENTURE, The ROVER, BUNTY, JUDY, MANDY etcetera, but while I have never specifically thought of parting with any of the non-Thomson papers, that does not mean that I wouldn't. It so happens that I do have one of the issues of GIRL that you are seeking. It is number 352 (7 November 1987), in Fine/Near Mint condition. If you will PM me your surname and address, I will post it to you, carefully protected from the elements, within 24 hours of receiving those details. There will be no charge either for the item or the p&p.
Best regards
Phoenix (better known by some members on this platform as Derek Marsden, and on others as Darsym0)

RuthB

Re: Help with some Girl numbers

Post by RuthB »

Oh you are so good! I will PM you now!