Issues that didn't arrive...anyone else having problems?

From the ashes of the DFC rises... the Phoenix.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

Issues that didn't arrive...anyone else having problems?

Post by Peter Gray »

3 issues of DFC didn't arrive...I've emailed them and no reply...is there a better email I could ask for the missing issues...really has put me off DFC...9 pounds down the drain...won't ask for more issues after 13 if I don't get the issues back...even though my favourite artists Jamie...Laura..Gary will be coming soon..

Anyone else having problems? :cry:

UPDATE!
Just emailed the problem thanks to a private message giving me the contact at DFC.

missing issues
3, 5 and 6.

I have issue 7...
Last edited by Peter Gray on 16 Jul 2008, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

nottinghamian

Re: Issues that didn't arrive...anyone else having problems?

Post by nottinghamian »

All my issues have arrived so far.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

they have emailed back...it looks like all it was
the house number was wrong.

So great that finally I've got an email.
Lets hope the missing issues arrive.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Peter Gray wrote:they have emailed back...it looks like all it was
the house number was wrong.
Bizarre! How did they make a mistake with the house number on a computerized printout? If the details were right for issue 1 they should remain the same on every printout surely?

Anyway, glad you sorted it Peter. Issue 8 just arrived here. I'm afraid I'm finding a couple of serials incredibly s-l-o-w and am hoping for something more lively to come into the comic soon. It's great that The DFC wants to establish its own identity so it looks/reads differently to The Beano or Toxic but the quiet, polite, gentle pacing of some of the strips isn't doing it any favours IMHO. Comics should be EXCITING! The Beano is like a kids' playground whilst The DFC is like a dinner party! All frightfully posh.

Monkey Nuts and Super Animal Adventure Squad remain my favourites. I like the visuals and concept on Mo-Bot High too.

Looking forward to Jamie Smart, Laura Howell and others joining the comic to kick it up the arse. (And don't miss pt 2 of the preview of Laura's strip in The Guardian tomorrow!)

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Its hardly worth reading sometimes...I'm hoping Jamie...Laura..Gary will really turn it around...issue 10 onwards

Raven

Post by Raven »

I really don't get Crab Lane Crew. No attempt at humour, story, anything - just like a series of random events leading to nothing, and crude artwork, too. And how long does it take to write each week's Sausage and Carrots? Sweet and distinctive artwork, but it would be quite nice if Vern & Lettuce made the odd attempt to actually be funny or have a decent punchline, too - again, it just seems like a string of random panels, as if comedy scripting and storytelling is a lost art. Too much of the humour is just quaint whimsy: as Lew says, dreadfully polite.

I'm having difficulty mustering enough enthusiasm to read the comic now. Most of the serials just seem the same thing each week.

I wish Jamie and co's work had started earlier too. I really do wish I could be more enthusiastic about the DFC as it is. Having already spent about thirty pounds, I don't see myself re-subscribing after issue 13. Some of the stuff planned for the future does sound a bit better though. Makes you wonder why it wasn't there from the start.

jamie

Post by jamie »

the dfc's definitely worth sticking around for, some of the work (and artists) coming up soon are real exciting ^_^
for my own part, i have a special 4-part olympics special starting in the august 8th issue (they really gave me free reign on what i could do, so it turned out a very odd olympics O_O). and my main strip (Fish Head Steve) begins in issue 17th (i believe).

so please hold on! the DFC is building into something mighty!

jx