DFC To Be Relaunched?

From the ashes of the DFC rises... the Phoenix.

Moderator: AndyB

Steve Henderson

Re: DFC To Be Relaunched?

Post by Steve Henderson »

Cheers Jamie, I wouldn't have expected you to have kept any of the rights in all honesty let alone get rich of it! I'm struggling to get some creative work done and the last thing I would expect from it is to living in a mansion at the end of it! Best I can expect is to end up in a mental hospital.

It would be great to see the DFC back, I look forward to seeing Fish Head Steve get snapped up at the forum and on the telly screens sharpish! (Well in a year or two) It would be interesting to see how your characters are animated. Then lets get Space Raoul on the telly! ha ha

BeanoKev70

Post by BeanoKev70 »

Lets hope there is a major rethink on the content I stopped my subcription before it folded because I found it so boring...god knows what the younger audience thought. :snoring:

MikeC

Post by MikeC »

11-15 is tough to target as I imagine they are into adult themes but not really supposed to be targeted with them. A bit like More and the sex-oriented girls' titles which claim to target 16-20 year olds but are bought by much younger girls.

Interesting about the rights thing. DFC was hailed as something of a revolution, in being innovatively creator-friendly and highly focussed on the value of reading and story-telling (as opposed to a business venture). It always appeared to me to be about ip harvesting (low costs from print on demand, low-risk, low-spend PR activity all point to a lack of commercial imperative), so I was mystified how it could be such an open forum for creators to display their talents, unless they were contributing for nothing, or next-to-nothing. Hearing that ip was retained by DFC (or the book company it was owned by, in reality) makes much more sense. The lack of age focus also makes sense if you see it as a test-bed for product development - the imperative is not to target one age group, but to test lots of products.

As I said, interesting. Hope it comes back.