The Phoenix issue zero

From the ashes of the DFC rises... the Phoenix.

Moderator: AndyB

meherenow

The Phoenix issue zero

Post by meherenow »

So, as well as having no comic shops near me, there is also no Waitrose near me either, so I can't get the code for the free issue zero of The Phoenix.

https://www.thephoenixcomic.co.uk/waitrose/

Can anyone furnish me with the code? The website says this "waitrose weekend" mag is out today.

Mind you, it would have been nice to think that having just shelled out 99 quid for a years sub upfront I might have been able to request an issue zero to be sent to me :shock: (take note Strip magazine, still no sign of being able to sub at your website)

Cheers!

mrbananas

Re: The Phoenix issue zero

Post by mrbananas »

Just grabbed mine from Waitrose...code appears to be the straightforward PHOENIX1

Tried it....didn't work......but then tried lower case and seemed to go through

meherenow

Post by meherenow »

Aha! Many thanks!

I do notice on the drop down box for the free issue that it DOES let you select "free issue + subscription (of various length)".

Not on the main subscription page though, I still reckon it would have been an idea to let those who were actually wanting to subscribe be able to get issue zero sent through without messing about.

starscape

Post by starscape »

I would have thought a website for children could be a bit more appealing and exciting. Good luck to it though.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

kiwijohn

Post by kiwijohn »

So, I went to the Phoenix website and to the subscribers page, and find that there is no provision for subscribers from overseas.

C'mon folks, this is a global economy in the 21st century and 2000AD having been doing this for years...

So, Phoenix (and Strip Magazine), please offer subscriptions to overseas readers.

meherenow

Post by meherenow »

Mind you, I subbed at £99 and have had no email detailing my payment, and no sign of the money coming off my available balance in my bank account - I'm definitely sure I followed the subs procedure all the way through, hey I ain't no novice at buying stuff online LOL!

Waiting to hear back from someone at The Phoenix subs department.

I'm not having much luck with these subs.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I just tried the waitrose code for the free issue it seemed to go through ok.has this comic actually started yet & will it be in forbidden planet,whs etc or an internet only thing like the football comic.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Got my free zero copy this morning, packed full of excellent strips stories it looks great just had a flick through will read it later.
I expect every ComicUK member in the UK would have sent off for this comic. :up: If not your missing a treat.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Got mine this morning as well just flicking through it,it seems ok & i may try & subscribe but 1st i got to find the money for beano & dandy subs as well after chrimbo,and this sub will bee £99.