Issue 1

From the ashes of the DFC rises... the Phoenix.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

Re: Issue 1

Post by Peter Gray »

Well done Swirly...that was amazing :lol: ..

I'll look in Waitrose soon..Godalming..you don't think Kingston has it?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Flippin' eck Swirly, you'd think that they'd have put those comics out right away - and why did they think you was talking about a book with the Telegraph? That you had to go so far afield despite having a Waitrose near your home was ridiculous. It really should've been in the second one you tried.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I tried 4 large Waitrose stores yesterday and thought I would give it another try today of course I wasn't expecting to get them, you can't help being negative when it comes to finding UK comics in shops, and also to read that they would be in every Waitrose that sold Magazines/Comics I knew then I wouldn't find them, and I was right worse luck, it just wasn't true they would be in these Waitrose Stores.

I searched amongst the tangle of comics and even tidied them up, I then asked someone at the desk

Me -"Excuse me do you have any Phoenix comics"
"Phoenix comics"
"Yes Phoenix Comics exclusive to Waitrose should be in today"
"If we have any they will be where the other comics are"

It seems like exclusively sold in Waitrose and exclusively in a few shops which get 1 of comic of the three issues.

At least I'm going to be saving some money now as I'm not starting on Issue 4 if it ever get's to a Waitrose near me.
Last edited by steelclaw on 22 Jan 2012, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

You can always subscribe, and purchase the first three as back issues?

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I knew someone would say that and you didn't let me down Digi, I wanted to buy it in the shops like I read they would be, not use my credit card on line.
Last edited by steelclaw on 22 Jan 2012, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

At least I won't have to go traipsing round all the local Waitrose stores as they decided not to open any in Stoke-on-Trent on the ground that the people are too downmarket for them! :shock:

- Phil Rushton

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

SUPERMARKET chain Waitrose has ruled out building a store in Stoke-on-Trent – because bosses felt residents are not upmarket enough.

I have been looking in Waitrose for the Phoenix in Southampton wasnt there when I looked but that was last week. Will look againt tommorrow as I have run out of scones and quiche.

django

Post by django »

No issue 3 in the post for me yet, I did get a letter from them wanting me to extend my taster subsciption though!.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Thanks to SwirlyThingy I went to Waitrose in Worcester Park and snapped up issue 1-3. Very happy about this.

They had 2 copies of issues 1-3 before I go there, so hopefully they had plenty more when Swirly was there! Off to read them now and then this week find a Waitrose nearer to me than Worceter Park that sells them. A central London update to follow.
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Thanks to Richard S.
I thought I would take the long trip to Worcester Park and try my luck, and I succeeded and got the last 3 issues.
I don't fancy doing that trip everyweek.

Richard S.
The 4 Waitrose stores I tried were all in central London and none of them had any copies.

swirlythingy

Post by swirlythingy »

Blimey, I've started something, eh? We must collectively be getting quite a reputation in that particular Waitrose by now...
Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!

ogtec

Post by ogtec »

Good news for those in Central London or who can make the journey, they can now skip along to Gosh! and pick up a copy.

http://twitter.com/#!/phoenixcomicuk/st ... 3140624384

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

ogtec wrote:Good news for those in Central London or who can make the journey, they can now skip along to Gosh! and pick up a copy.

http://twitter.com/#!/phoenixcomicuk/st ... 3140624384
That is good news, that's much more convenient for me to get to rather then Worcester Park.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Thank god gosh now has it even though I asked them to 2 weeks ago, as I said to a staff member there that it was weird that I could get a postcard advertising Phoenix from store but not the comic, so maybe the manager got to hear what I said.I will go we'd when I make my fortnightly trip to forbidden planet to buy the marvel & dc figurine collection.I'm also glad that someone said Worcester park sold out as I was planning to go there wednesday.I will see if gosh can do Phoenix on standing order for me.and they have also moved the shop to the heart of soho now so that should be a nice walk :lol:

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

Unfortunatley my trip to Waitrose in Southampton this afternoon resulted in me not finding the Phoenix on sale I was disapointed.

I would subscribe but (cant think of good excuse not to subscribe um :? )

The Phoenix is the sort of comic that i'd really like (i loved issue zero) but I want to be a sporadic reader only buying it when I see it in the shops and think I might have that. Which is currently what I do with the Dandy (my excuse being I like to pretend i'm poor).