Classics out early

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Classics out early

Post by Digifiend »

I don't know if this means a frequency increase, but the new issue of Classics is out today, number 172, with a spotlight on 1956. The next issue is due on August 18th, which makes me think Classics is now four-weekly instead of monthly - which would mean an extra issue each year.

Peter Gray

Re: Classics out early

Post by Peter Gray »

That great news... :)

Now to find it..still havn't seen Black Bob book either..

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Peter Gray wrote:That great news... :)

Now to find it..still havn't seen Black Bob book either..
I bought Black Bob via Amazon. It's cheaper than in the shops and it saves on shoe leather.

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

I can't see it going four weekly - more likely they've just made it the third Wednesday instead of the fourth Thursday. Means it gets distributed the same time as Beano Max.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Very exciting that they are starting to scan the pages of early Beano's and Dandys for a possible Dvd Rom..love to have that scanning job..
hope they also do the beezer and topper as well..

Classics is so much better these days..
Space kids is not been very good though not very exciting..
we want the jellymen.. :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It didn't mention DVD Rom, the letter mentioned digital downloads.

Judging by another of the letters, we'll be seeing either another Dixon Hawke text adventure or an episode of Nutty the Coal Imp next month.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Im not a massive fan of old childrens comics (witht eh very notable exception of Reid, Law, Baxendale and Watkins art ...and a few others) but picked up the new/latest Classics and thought it was an amazing book very much a fan comic/mag now with lots of nice touches, competitions and great strips - I think the editors have been listening to the fans on this site in the re design of it - will be epicking this up more often based on this.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Next issue is the 13th October.so looks like it will mean an extra issue a year..

I liked seeing Danny Long legs by jack not seen that before,,,,of course Dudley was brilliant at this strip..
also liked seeing Jim Petrie and what he is doing now..and good news about a Tom Paterson Classic artist..though no Sweeny Toddler.. :D

blaing

Post by blaing »

Peter.

I have had a look at the new page for subscribers, and there won't be a thirteenth issue (moreso now that I've read Lew's post. :( )

You can check Classics from the Comics's schedule by logging on to your subscriber account with your subscription number, and the name you have your subscription sent under

the link is here